Chapter 14: Falling

{STILES' POV}

"So, would it work?  Is it possible?" I quizzed, excited to help Derek in any way I could.  Deaton pursed his lips as he took it all in and thought about it.

"I don't know Stiles... I mean, this is dark magic your talking about.... very dark" He informed "not to mention dangerous.  You are put at full liberty of his mind if you know what your doing, but his mind can also go after you."

"Deaton, you said yourself that wolfs bane can only kill a werewolf if he has fallen into the coma state" I pushed "so if we go into Derek's head long enough to find a way to pull him from his coma.... we may be able to buy more time to find a cure."

"But Stiles, have you forgotten the part where you are completely susceptible to the demons lurking in his subconscious" Deaton sighed as he paced back and fourth slightly "poisoned comatose patients are the worst minds to delve into because you never know what nightmares are playing in their heads.  The wolfs bane will mess with his head and cause his worst nightmares and fears to surface.... and if you go in, you won't be immune."  

"Well sure I'd feel the pain but it's not like my body is going in their, it would just be my spirit so to speak" I shrugged and Deaton clucked his tongue at me.

"You see that is where you are wrong Stiles" Deaton sighed "sure your body might not be damaged but to have those effects soak into your mind and soul.  You might as well be dead before you wake up."

"Stiles, I don't like this" Scott finally chipped in "the risks are too great."

"Too great for the reward?" I stated exasperated as I spun to face him "Scott, we'd be saving someone's life, Derek's to be specific.  What ever happened to your mo-do of protecting the innocent and the ones close to us?  Besides, it's not like I'm asking you to go with me.  I'll go by myself if I have to...... but it would be nice to have someone with me."

"I'm not going to let you go in all by yourself Stiles" Scott sighed "I just don't want to see you get hurt if this doesn't work.  Emotionally or mentally" Scott reasoned.  I let out a deep sigh.

"Trust me Scott, I know the risks.... I understand them and they are risks that I am willing to take" I murmured "please, you have to understand."

"I do" he sighed before turning toward Deaton "so Deaton, what do we have to do to make this work?"  Deaton frowned, but something in his eyes said that he was proud as well.

"Well first, we have to get to Derek's body" Deaton stated confidently.

***

We arrived at Derek's house about 15 minutes later and together, we all situated Derek onto a couch.  Deaton stood still with a thoughtful look as his eyes flickered between Derek, Scott, and I.

"Okay, Stiles I want you seated next to Derek on the couch and I want you to grab his hand tight" Deaton informed and I complied as I quickly sat beside Derek on the couch and wove my fingers between his.

"Okay Scott, now I need you to pull a chair up behind the couch and put and hand on both Stiles and Derek's necks" Deaton stated and Scott did just that "now when I give you the cue Scott, you are going to inject your claws into both of their necks and both of your visions are going to fade.  It's going to be a sinking sort of feeling but you will soon open your eyes again inside of Derek's head."

Scott and I both nodded in understanding and I swallowed back my sudden fear.  We were actually doing this and as happy as I was to be helping Derek, I was scared out of my freaking mind.

"A quick note before you guys actually go through with this" Deaton gulped and I'd never seen him so nervous before in my life "you are most likely going to go through a series of different scenes.  These will be Derek's fears and horrors.  Each new scene is going to be more horrifying than the last.  Your job is to find a way to travel through all of the scenes without being seen and find the part of Derek's mind that is keeping him in a coma."

I nodded as I closed my eyes and leaned back into the couch, trying to relax.  Every thing was going to work out fine, it has to.  I heard Deaton take a deep breath.

"Okay Scott...... whenever you're ready" Deaton stated shakily and I felt Scott's claws putting a soft pressure on the back of my neck as he shook.  It took a minute, but finally Scott found the courage to stick his claws in Deep and I felt like I was falling..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here is Chapter 14.  Sorry I haven't updated in a while I've just been so super busy.  Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed.  I'll try and update again real soon!  ^_^