Chapter 13:I need to talk to Deaton

{STILES' POV}

I stared out the hospital window, pretending to zone out, but really I was listening into the conversations being had.  Scott was freaking out so much that you'd think he was my dad's son.  I'd probably be freaking out too if I wasn't completely emotionally drained.

"It's not fair Jackson" Scott stated in exasperation and I watched his reflection in the mirror as he threw his hands in the air.

"Well Scott, you're freak out isn't helping the situation" Jackson sighed "besides, the doctors said that Mr. Stilinski is going to be fine, he's just a little banged up."

"I know, it's just-" Scott panted "Stiles is always there to help when someone needs him, but he's the one that has to deal with crap at the end.  I mean it's one thing to have Derek dying, but to have his dad hurt in the hospital?"  I flinched at the reminder of Derek's state.  I immediately felt bad for leaving him alone in the house, but I wasn't just going to up and leave my dad until I saw him regain consciousness.

Some of my research started flowing through my head but one idea stuck out to me in particular.  It just might work to give Derek more time, but I really want to hear Deaton's thoughts on it.

"Stiles?" the doctor stated as he shook me gently on the shoulder.  I whipped my head around giving him a hopeful look.

"Is he awake?  Can I see him?" I begged.

"He's awake and he's actually asking for you" the doctor informed with a smile and that's all I needed to hear.  I shot up from my seat and booked it down the hall to the room they were holding my dad in.

"Hey Dad" I greeted as I knocked on the door frame softly with my knuckle.

"You're actually out of that room" my dad sighed with a hint of relief in his voice "it's nice to see that smile on your face again."  It wasn't until then that I had realized I'd been smiling at my dad.

"I have to admit that it is nice to smile again, and it is nice to out of that cramped room" I shrugged "but I can't just give up on Derek."

"Yeah.... I know" he sighed "I know what you're going through.  It was hard for me after your mother died.  It's like I didn't want to accept the fact that I'd lost her."

"Yeah, I guess" I sighed "but I haven't lost Derek yet.... and I don't plan to."  I stuffed my hand into my pocket when I felt the small box that my dad had left outside my door earlier before the accident.

"Dad?" I quizzed as I pulled the small wrapped box from my pocket "what's this?"  I wanted to wait for my dad to wake up to open it.

"Just a little something that your mom wanted you to have" he shrugged "go ahead, open it."  I bit my lip as I tugged the lid off and looked inside.  There was a small blue stone wrapped in wires, hanging on a chain.  I pulled it out and examined it in the light.

"I know it's a bit girly" dad murmured "but your mom used it to, you know, tell who was who."

"What do you mean, who's who?" I quizzed curiously.

"I don't know much about it because she never told me about her necromancy powers until we were married but she said it helped her to tell who was a ghost" he shrugged "she said something about how ghosts would glow or radiate light."

"Thanks dad" I smiled.

"Knock knock" came a voice from the door way and I turned around to see Allison.

"Hey Allison" I grinned as I walked over and gave her a partial hug.  I knew Allison was still trying to get used to the fact that she was adopted and that my dad is also her dad, just like I was still trying to get used to the fact that Allison was my twin.

"I'm gonna leave you two to chat, I have to go talk with Deaton about a few things" I informed them and they both nodded as I headed out of the room.  Scott immediately hurried over to me when I appeared back in the waiting room.

"Hey, how's he doing?" Scott asked with concern.

"He's fine" I assured him "just a little battered is all."  I continued walking on my way to the exit.

"Wait, Stiles where are you going?" He quizzed and I knew what he was really asking.  Was I going back to sulk in that room with Derek.

"Don't get your panties in a twist" I sighed "I'm just heading over to Deaton's place.  I have to ask him a few things."

"A few things?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at me.  I let out a deep sigh.

"I'm going to ask what he thinks about going into Derek's head and buying him more time."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay guys, here is Chapter 13.  I hope you all enjoyed and I'll update again real soon!  Thanks for reading.  ^_^

Pic of the pendant to the side  -------------------------------->