Chapter 18: Deal With a Demon

Clicking on the hundredth website today, I let out a frustrated sigh.  Of all the random crap on the internet there is not even a mention on how to summon ancient spirits.  I huffed as I gently pushed the lap top off of my lap and onto the bed beside me.

"Oh good, please tell me you are done with research" Derek sighed happily as he came out of the steamy bathroom after his mid morning shower.  He had a towel wrapped around his waist and another in his hands, towel drying his hair.

"No I'm not.  I'm just taking a slight break" I informed him stubbornly with arms crossed.  Derek frowned as he made his way over to his dresser digging for clothes.

"You really shouldn't trouble yourself with such a rewardless act" Derek stated absent mindedly and pulled out a pair of jeans and threw them over his shoulder.  I felt my shoulders sink as I turned an astounded look on him.

"Are you saying that saving you wouldn't be a freaking reward?" I snapped in anger as well as pain at the though of losing him.

"Stiles, that not what I-"

"Or is it just that you don't think you can be saved?  Because I will die before I stop trying to save you" I growled at him, shooting off the bed and storming over to the window, chewing on my thumb nail.

"Stiles" he sighed in a sad tone.  I heard his plodding footsteps come up behind me, and slowly put a comforting hand on my shoulder, but I batted it away.

"Don't touch me" I snapped, shaking slightly as I held back my tears of frustration "and put on your damn clothes."

"Stiles, we have to face the facts sooner or later" Derek insisted "I'm going to die and I don't want our last few days together to be-"

"Tense?" I filled in the blank "fuck that Derek.  Stop talking like there's no hope.  Stop saying that!  I have to believe you will live.  I have to believe........ I have to."  I lost my composure as I leaned against the wall letting out a deep shuddering sob.

I felt Derek's arms envelope me in a hug but I didn't push him away this time.  I couldn't find it in me anymore to fight.  I needed him. 

His hand stroked my hair in a protective manner and I felt his lips pressed to my forehead.  I pressed my hands firmly against his tight chest, burying my face into his neck.

"Here, how about this" Derek whispered softly into my ear "how about I get dressed and we go see a movie.  Maybe get a bite to eat.  Take a break from the stress."  I nodded against his neck and he let out a relieved sigh.  As we pulled apart, I made my way into the hall, peeking at him one last time before I made my way down stairs to wait.

***

I sat in the dark theatre, hand entwined with Derek's.  Were watching some cheesy werewolf movies, we couldn't resist the joke.  Though me being myself, drank way to much pop and now half way through the movie had the overwhelming urge to use the bathroom.

"I'm going to use the bathroom, I'll be right back" I whispered into Derek's ear before making my way out of the theatre.  I quickly hurried into the restroom, doing my business and heading to the sink to wash up.  I was just about to put my hands under the water when a reflection in the mirror startled me.  I spun around face to face with a girl.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I sighed, hand over heart trying to calm down from the shock.  The girl standing in front of me was about my height.  She had raven black curls hanging over her shoulders and a pale complexion.  She wore skinny black jeans, a back zip up crop top, a leather studded jacket, and black combat boots.

"I heard you needed help with a big problem" she grinned coldly.  I was about to make a sarcastic remark back when the full meaning of her words registered in me.

"You know how to save Derek?" I breathed, my mouth open slightly in shock.  She let out a deep bored sigh.

"Well that's one way to put it I guess" she shrugged cockily.

"Tell me" I demanded "I'll do anything."

"Whoa, calm down there cowboy" she chuckled with a smirk "it's gonna take more than just the snapping of some fingers.  This would be some serious magic work.  This kind of power isn't something you can acquire over night."

"But I don't have time.  Derek will be dead in a few days" I cried out desperately.

"Just trust me Stiles" she whispered, brushing her claw like finger nails on my cheek "trust me and I'll make sure you don't lose your precious Derek."  I nodded slowly, almost trance like.  I watched her eyes flash completely black.

"What are you?" I couldn't help but ask in a soft voice.

"You my friend have just made a deal with a demon" she smiled evilly and as strange as it was...... I wasn't afraid.  With a snap of her fingers, she was gone and I headed back out into the theatre.

"Hey" I whispered as I reclaimed my seat next to Derek.

"Hey, what took you so long?" he quizzed curiously.  I pursed my lips as I thought up an answer.

"Long line at the toilets" I shrugged as the lie rolled easily off the tongue.

"Weird" Derek frowned "I guess the drinks must be popular tonight."

"Must be" I agreed.  I gave him a quick peck on the cheek, before focusing my attention back on the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Hey guys, so here is chapter 18 of the The Truth, The Lies, and The Love.  What has Stiles gotten himself into?  Hope you all enjoyed and I'll try and update again real soon.  ^_^