Chapter 10: Happy Birthday Banshee

{DEREK'S POV}

I frowned as I looked at my lower chest in the mirror.  Thick black veins were starting to ebb from the knife wound and I knew that it was the wolfs bane slowly spreading.  I could feel it.

It started off as a dull throb the first few days after I was stabbed, but it has quickly turned into a quick burn that spreads as long as the black veins.

"Derek?" called Stiles comforting voice and I quickly dropped the hem of my shirt just in time to hide the wound from him.

"Stiles, hey" I smiled as I walked over to him and gently wrapped my arms around his torso.  His scent hit my nose, easing my stress and pain a bit.

"Hi" he chuckled slightly "are we still on for Lydia's party tonight?"  It was Lydia's birthday tonight and she was throwing herself a big party at the local club.  Typical Lydia.

"Of course" I smiled, hugging him tighter.

"Okay, what's up with you?" he quizzed suspiciously "you're acting unnaturally clingy."

"Is it so wrong that I want to hug my boyfriend?" I quizzed with a shrug before pulling away to grab my jacket.  My shoulders sunk slightly at the loss of body heat.

"Hey, I was only asking what was up.  I never said you should stop" Stiles pointed out with a pout and I chuckled before pulling him back to my side, and draping an arm over his shoulder as we made our way down stairs and out to the car.  We separated from each other as I stepped into the drivers seat and he sat in the passenger seat.

I immediately connected my hand with his, pressing my lips to the back of his hand, giving it a quick kiss before I pulled out of the driveway.  I could tell Stiles was a bit curious about my recent clinging, but I was thankful he decided to leave it alone after his one comment earlier.  I just wanted to spend as much time with him as I could, before the infection spreads too far.  Stiles is going to hate me for keeping this from me when he finally finds out...

***

We arrived at the party around six and party was already in full swing.  As we strolled through the doors,  Breakeven started playing by The Script.  Knowing it was one of Stiles favorite songs, I pulled him onto the dance floor and hugged him from behind, swaying us back and fourth.  Stiles let out an embarrassed giggle as I began humming the song in his ear.

"Stop it" Stiles stated between fits of giggles and I nuzzled my nose into his neck, breathing his scent in deeply.

"I could, but the idea doesn't really appeal to me all that much" I smirked and Stiles just shook his head.  

The song eventually ended and we made our way off of the dance floor and over to the mini bar set up with drinks.  I took a seat and just as Stiles was about to take a seat, I pulled him into my lap.  Stiles groaned, but I could tell he was more happy than annoyed.  The bar tended soon walked over to take our orders.

"Two beers" I ordered for the both of us.

"Wow Derek, it makes me all tingly when you take control like that" Stiles poked fun with a smirk.

"Well I see you two are nice and comfy" I heard Lydia from behind me.  I spun around to see Lydia grinning like a fool at us.

"Well if it isn't the big bad birthday girl in her sparkly purple dress" Stiles wiggled his eyebrows at her and I chuckled.

"It's violet"  Lydia corrected with amusement.

"Sure, sure.  Same difference" Stiles waved it off "happy birthday banshee."  Stiles grinned playfully at her and she just glared, but I knew she could never be too mad at Stiles.  After Stiles and I had been together for a while, they had almost become like siblings.

"Happy birthday Lydia" I smiled.  Lydia made a point of nodding to me.

"Why thank you Derek, you are such a gentleman" Lydia stated over exaggerated before she stuck her tongue out at Stiles.  I shook my head at the two of them with a suppressed chuckle.  I gave Stiles a quick peck on the cheek before the music suddenly stopped.

"Hello everyone" I heard Jackson's voice come over the loud speaker "So I know this is Lydia's birthday party and all, but I ran this through with her and she said it was okay.  So can I call Scott up here."  Stiles climbed off of my lap and onto his tip toes, trying as hard as he could to see over peoples heads, but he was just too short.  With a chuckle, I lifted him up with my werewolf strengths so he could see what was happening to his best friend, but I had a feeling I knew.

I found a little window of clearing between two people, and I watched as Scott made his way onto the small stage.  A blush was completely consuming his cheeks and it made me smirk.

"So Scott, we've been together for god knows how long... it feels like it's been forever.  All I know is that I love you and I wanted to make it known" Jackson stuttered nervously as he got down onto one knee, I heard Stiles gasp in shock "Scott will you marry me?"  I saw Jackson pull the small ring box from his pocket.  

The blush in Scott's cheeks got darker than I ever imagined a blush could get as his hands traveled to his dropped jaw.  He looked at a loss for words and the whole room was silent as they waited for his answer.  I felt a slight pain in my lower chest, but I ignored it.

"Of course I'll marry you Jackson" Scott finally blurted as he leaned down and wrapped Jackson in his arms.  Everyone began cheering aside from the few haters who were groaning.  I let Stiles down onto the ground slowly and he looked at me with shock evident in his eyes.

"Scott's getting married!" he gasped excitedly for his best friend.

"I know, I heard" I smirked as Stiles ran into my arms and I chuckled as I wrapped my arms the rest of the way around him... until I felt the pain in my lower chest become more intense.  I winced rather loudly and Stiles pulled away looking concerned.

"Derek, what is it?" he asked, clearly worried.

"N-nothing, it's nothing Stiles.  Just a slight headache is all" I murmured as I began walking towards the exit doors.  Maybe some fresh air will help.

"Derek, wait" Stiles called out as he began chasing after me, but he didn't have to go very far.  It suddenly felt like somebody had shot me in the chest and I fell to the ground as everything went black.

"DEREK!" Stiles screamed, and that's the last thing I remembered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, so here is chapter 10.  I'll give you a small piece of info...