Chapter 15: Please Wake Up

I felt myself fall to the ground before my eyes slowly fluttered open.  It was all very dark with only small streams of light coming from under doors.  We were in a hallway.  I felt myself go stiff as I realized that something was missing.... or more like someone.

"Scott!" I whispered urgently and I spun around in a complete 360.  Great, we probably got seperated when we fell into Derek's head so to say.  I was running a hand through my hair when I saw it, the painting.  It was a very minor detail, but I recognized it none the less.  It was the same one that was in..... Derek's house.  Were in Derek's house.  I ran my hand over the wall.

"Before the fire" I whispered.  Suddenly a door was opened behind me and I spun around starting to come up with an excuse as to why is was here, but they walked past me as if they hadn't even seen me.  Curiously, I followed her through the hall and down the stairs.

"Peter!" she chanted and I turned to see Peter standing in the kitchen rummaging through the fridge.

"Yes, dearest sister" he sighed in a sarcastic tone.

"Where has Derek gone off to?  I haven't seen him in hours" she quizzed.

"I don't know, I'm the last person you should ask.  I haven't seen him since this morning" Peter shrugged as he went back to his search of the fridge for food.

"Yes but he trusts you, don't you even have a small idea of where he might have gone?" she pleaded.

"Um, no.  Not in the-" he started but was cut off by the small explosion of fire by the kitchen window.  It sent them flying backward, me as well.  I watched as the fire was quickly spreading and Peter and Derek's mom I assumed, were struggling to get up.  There was another explosion of fire somewhere else in the house and loud screams were heard, but I just couldn't draw my eyes from the fire, the fire that was slowly coming toward me.

I finally get it now, not that I didn't before.  It's just that living through the fire is a lot different than hearing about it.  Who in their right mind would do this to someone, to a family.  Werewolf or not, they don't deserve to die like this.

"Stiles!" I heard Scott yell, and suddenly I was being pulled back from the fire that just about burned me.  I took a deep shaky breath as I realized what had just happened.

"Stiles, we have to get out of here now" Scott commanded and I nodded slightly as I let him drag me along to the back door of the house.  Scott stepped through and I just stood there for a second, taking in this horrible even with a solum look.

"Stiles come on!" Scott begged with worry.

"Yeah, I'm coming" I whispered as I rushed out with him..... and suddenly the scene was changing.

We were in Dereks new appartment, but it was flooded with water.  I could see the twins and grabbing Derek's arms back and I knew which memory we were in.

"No" I breathed "not this one."  Scott gave my shoulder a slight squeeze as I watched Derek's claws be forced into boyd's chest, the life drain out of him.  I turned my head away, I couldn't watch anymore.  Apparently, neither could Scott.  He began dragging me toward the door and right when the doors shut, the scene changed once again.....

We were back in Derek's house, the one that we had all helped rebuild.  The one that I now shared with Derek.  I imediatly got the sense that I knew what this memory was.

"Follow me" I commanded as I grabbed Scott's wrist and dragged him upstairs and down the hall to Derek and I's room.  There it was, me leaning against the wall and Derek hovering over me with a heart broken look.  It was the memory of us in the ghost plain after Allison and I had defeated Marco again.  The part where I wasn't able to think straight.

I watched as he opened his mouth to say something, but then something unexpected happened.  My mom pulled him away from me.  I don't remember this part....

"What are you doing, if we don't get Stiles back to his body in minutes, he will be gone forever" Derek argued.

"And what about you Derek" my mom chided "Do you know how horrified he is going to be when he gets back and finds out that you didn't come with him?"

"He'll survive" Derek muttered casting his gaze to the floor "He's better off without me anyway, it's all my fault he's in this situation to begin with."  Oh Derek.... I frowned.

"I'd beg to differ Derek" she stated with a sad smile "I've been watching over my son with a close eye, and he's never been as happy as he is with you Derek.  You may not want to believe it, but Stiles really does love you."

"Maybe he does love me, and maybe I even make him happy" Derek choked out with a frown "but lets face it, all I ever bring him is harm.  Maybe if I wasn't around to drag him into it, he might actually live a safe long life."  Claudia frowned as she realized that she wasn't going to be changing Derek's mind anytime soon.

"I guess, but I wouldn't tell him you aren't coming back if I were you" she sighed "because then you'll never get him to go back."  Derek nodded as he made his way back into the room.  That's when the memory faded.

(A/N: For those of you who are confused, that was a scene from book 2)

"What the hell was that memory.  How was your mom talking to Derek?" Scott asked in confusion.

"It wasn't my mom" I whispered "it was her spirit.  It was when we were in the ghost plain.  Scott nodded in understanding.  Finally I got the feeling that it was the last memory.

I remembered this one crystal clear.  The room, the metal chair, the chains...... the pain.  It was when Marco had kidnapped me and possessed Derek.  He made cut after cut on my chest.... I still had the scars.

"No!" I heard Derek growl, but he was no where in sight.  It took me a minute to realize that the voice was coming from inside of the memory Derek being posessed by Marco.  Of course this would be the memory that's been keeping Derek in a coma.  It's when he first was poisoned and he has to keep reliving hurting me against his will.

"Derek!" I yelled, trying to snap him out of his memory.  I saw him twitch slightly.  That had to be something.  I ran forward, grabbing Derek's knife arm and turning him around but he slammed me into the wall.

"Derek please, it's me" I begged desperatly.  I saw Scott struggling in to stand still.  I know he wanted to help me, but he knew I had to do this by myself.

"Yeah, but the thing is that I'm not Derek" the marco posessed Derek sneered.

"Derek this is your head, you can change this" I stated confidently "you are stronger than Marco and I believe that more than anything!"  With that I ripped my arms from his grip and pulled his lips to mine, kissing him passionately.

When we pulled apart I saw the light and recognition flood back into his eyes.  It was Derek, it was my Derek.

"Stiles?" he whispered "how.... how are you here?"

"You didn't really expect me to give you up that easily, did you?" I grinned with tears beading in my eyes.

"I love you Stiles, but I-" he started but I cut him off.

"Just wake up Derek" I pleaded "Just push your way out of the coma and we can figure something out..... please!"

"Stiles I can't" Derek sighed "There's no cure for this and it will only be hurting you more."

"Damn it Derek, just freaking wake up!" Scott yelped and I turned just in time to see Scott charge into both of us and we went falling to the side.

I felt myself spasm as my eyes fluttered open to Deaton's concerned face.  I watched relief flood through him as he saw me waking up.  It took me a moment to get reoriented before I frozed and I quickly turned to check Derek.  There are no words to explain how happy I was seeing his eyes fluttering open.

"Derek!" I cheered as I jumped on top of him.  We are going to find a cure, I just know it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys, here is Chapter 15.  Hope you all enjoyed and I plan on updating very soon!  ^_^