Chapter 28 Doomed...

Nya's Pov (Show)

Screams and sirens filled my ears. I gripped the railing of the Destiny's Bounty. My eyes dared to take a peek at the city below. Smoke consumed the air while fire spread all around it. Moans of the infected civilians could be heard. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to block out the sight.

At least the people won't get injured if they're turned into lava monsters...

I wanted to smack myself after thinking that.

Was that really the only bright side to this!?

"Damien... he's lost his mind..." My eyes flew open and turned to the source of the voice. Stellar was standing a few feet away from me, arms crossed as if she were hugging herself.

Her gaze was glued to the burning city. Eyes were misty, and I could see her body slightly trembling.

"W-What have I done..." she whispered. I frowned at the sight. I had to admit, a part of me enjoyed the fact that Stellar was realizing the consequences of her actions, but... this wasn't her fault. Well, not fully at least.

I let out a sigh and strolled over to her.

"You... you okay?" I asked, trying not to sound like I was biting my own tongue. Of course, I felt bad, but it was still weird trying to comfort her. Cole suddenly came to the front of my mind. I shut my gaze and took a deep breath.

You promised Cole... you promised...

"Hehe..." I froze. My eyes snapped open once again to see the former gang member laughing to herself. My shoulders tensed at the sight.

I think she's finally lost it...

Stellar's laughing grew a tad more. She had turned her face away from me, so I stepped closer to get a better look.

"Are you LAUGHING!?" a voice called out. I turned to see it was my copy, who had just come up from below deck.

Nya's Pov (Movie)

This WITCH!

Not only was this sarcastic twit able to join our side by simply throwing out an apology, but she had the NERVE to find our situation funny. Everyone on deck turned in my direction, but Stellar kept her back to me. My copy walked over as I stormed closer.

"Hey, hey, let's calm--"

"Why don't you laugh in my face? My brother got hurt because of YOUR boss and his vile plan for conquest!" I screamed. I could feel my cheeks burning with rage. Cole's copy rushed over to the scene.

"Lilly, I don't think she's--"

"HAHA!" Stellar shouted over the railing, causing me to push against my copy who has now become a wall between us. My teeth began to grind.

"YOU--"

"Oh... I'm an idiot!" Stellar shouted. I lowered my guard. I could feel the whole group on deck staring at the red head. I blinked a few times, wondering if I heard her right.

"What?" I asked.

"What even is this situation!? A petty girl who found friendship in a man who suddenly now wants WORLD DOMINATION! Dang, somebody write this down cause it would make a GREAT book!" Stellar screamed, turning her face to the sky while she slammed her fists like an enraged two-year-old. I glanced between her and my copy.

"Uhh..." I trailed off until Cole's copy strolled towards her.

"Hey..." he placed a hand on her shoulder. The red head finally snapped her face towards us, and my eyes widened at the sight of tears streaming down her cheeks. "It's gonna be okay..."