Chapter 30 Memory

Nya's Pov (Movie)

"Any sign of him?" Cole asked as he carried me, Stellar, and Lloyd over the city.

"He can't be that hard to spot. Just find a shady looking dude with a bright glowing crystal, right?" I furthered while practically tipping off the magical dragon.

"Come on, Damien's better at hiding tha-- Aaaand never mind," Stellar finished before pointing a finger to the right. I followed it to find a darkhooded shadow standing on top of the mayor's tower, holding a glowing crystal in his hand.

"Wow... just.. just going straight into this whole cartoon villain thing, isn't he?" I asked before gripping tighter onto Cole's shoulders. His dragon did a nose dive towards the building.

"We shouldn't go barreling in! We need a plan," Lloyd called out while the wind blew through my ears.

"Yeah, but if we wait around any longer, then he'll be gone before--"

"Uh, guys," I butted-in, pointing towards the large army of lava monsters gathering around the base of the building. Cole halted his dragon mid-air, and I could tell he was cocking an eyebrow from underneath his mask.

"How the heck is he gonna get them all in the portal?" he asked.

"Dad!" Lloyd spat. I turned back to Lloyd only to follow his gaze. I could feel my eyes bugging out at the sight of a even larger lava monster strolling up beside Damien. Its head was shaped just like Garmadon's old helmet that he always wore when trying to conquer the city. As Damien held up his hand, Garmadon followed right after. The monstrous roars below finally silenced. I nearly gasped at the sight.

"Oh no..." Cole muttered.

"He's got him completely under his control," Stellar mumbled in disbelief.  I then looked back towards Lloyd to see his fists shaking and green eyes blazing.

"Uh, guys, you might want to get those ingredients real quick... and maybe find a cure for mind control or something?" Cole said over his ear piece. Cole turned towards us.

"They said they're already at Wu's old place, but the other groups are still heading towards Phoenix Valley and the Spider Caves for the other ingredients," Cole explained.

"And the mind control?" I asked.

"Quill already told Wu about it after we left. They're grabbing something for it too," he finished.

"Good... let's just hope those ingredients are the right ones," I added.

"Let's hope your friends even make back in time," Stellar replied.

"So what do we do?" Cole asked, looking back at Lloyd. I followed his gaze to see a zoned out Green Ninja. He stared at the sight below us with a clenched jaw. I opened my mouth to speak, but he beat me to it.

"Nya and Stellar distract him. Cole... you're with me," he muttered coldly.

Crud, it's been a while since I've seen him this upset... and it's still hard to watch.
...

Zane's Pov (Show)

Zane! On your left!

I aimed my ice towards a lava monster, and it melted right on impact. The creature morphed back into a civilian, who looked around as if they had just awoken from a dream.

"Thank you, Pixal," I stated before helping the citizen to their feet.

Not a pro--

"Pixal?" I asked. I could see the android on my screen slipping into a calculating pose. If our situation wasn't so dire, I would have smiled at her scrunched up expression.