Chapter 8 A Not so Great Night

Nya's Pov (Show)

Abit earlier that night...

The guys and I waited until nightfall before we started our search again, like Lloyd said.

We split up to cover more ground up until Cole and I spotted a couple figures jumping from rooftop to rooftop.

"Guys, I think we might have found something. Head down the corner of Main Street as soon as you can," I said through my communicator. I kept quiet after that and motioned Cole that I was ready.

We kept our distance from the two figures, but they were fast. We couldn't make out who they were from the distance.

I could tell, though, that they were definitely up to no good.

Once they slowed down, Cole and I dove towards the ground, so we wouldn't be spotted. The two figures looked around for anybody watching before one of them took out a device. The device acted as a laser. The figure pointed it towards the sky light on top of the building they were on.

Whoosh!

It sliced the glass until it made a huge circle. The figure took out the huge chunk of glass, and the two of them slid through.

"Let's go," Cole whispered.

We used our Airjitzu to get to the next roof.before we hovered over the opening the criminals made. The two of us fell through the hole and began to search the pitch black room.

"Where's Kai or Zane when you need them?" I asked, squinting into the darkness.

I couldn't see anything!

The only thing I manage to spot was slight movement from the side of me.

I finally decided to use my brain and take out my phone, switching on its light.

It managed to reveal the two criminals stuffing rubies into a sack. One was a young woman with bright red hair while the other was a large, beefy man.

"Drop the rubies!" I shouted.

The two instantly reacted. The man continued grabbing rubies while the girl charged at me. She kicked me down to the ground, but I quickly recovered. I jumped back up and went for a punch, but she twisted my arm.

"What the--"

"Is that the best you got, little girl?" she taunted in my ear before shoving me to the wall. My phone fell with a loud cracking sound.

I then shook my head and balled my fists.

It's too dark to be fighting them. I couldn't see much, but I could hear Cole fighting the guy now. I then felt a hand grab my arm. It tried to pull me forward, but I countered it by kicking my opponent in the gut. It definitely was the girl because I heard her groan.

"Is that the best you got? Give me your best shot," I taunted back. My hand formed a ball of water.

The young woman then growled before she charged at me once more. This time with something sharp. I knew she had a weapon because I felt something scrape my shoulder. I blasted water in her direction, but I couldn't tell if it hit her.

"It's too dark to fight in here," I shouted towards Cole.

"Your telling me-- Gah!"

BAM!

I heard a crash and glass shattering.

"Cole!" I shouted. The glass caused the alarms to go off and emergency lights to turn on, everything was now a shade of red.