Chapter 7 Police Scanner & Jewerly Store

No One's Pov (Movie)

As the moon rose that night, each ninja were already home and camping out in their rooms.

Kai and Nya were waiting in the water master's room while they had her police scanner lighting up the darkened room.

"Tell me again why Nya has a police scanner?" Lloyd asked over the older sibling's cellphone.

"More like how she even got one," Cole remarked on the same device.

"I got it a while back. Since Garmadon wasn't a threat anymore, I wanted to keep track with the crime in case another strong enemy attacked Ninjago City," Nya explained, leaning back in her chair. She never took her eyes off the scanner that rested on the desk.

"You didn't go out on your own to fight any criminals, though, right?" Kai asked.

"What!? Nooo... Nooo... Maybe a few times," Nya admitted. The last part was only above a whisper.

"Nya!?! Seriously!?" Kai shouted, jumping up from his seat on the bed.

"Keep your voice down! Mom and Dad are asleep!" Nya spat quietly before continuing.

"It was only a couple of low level thugs who tried robbing gas stations or stealing a car. It wasn't anything super dangerous. Garmadon's henchmen were tougher to fight then them, if I'm being honest." Nya leaned an arm on her desk before letting her chin sink into her palm.

"But, didn't they have like weapons or something?" Lloyd asked.

"Some of them did, but my water powers were able to disarm them pretty easily," the ravenette replied. The fire master then sighed as he put a hand over his face.

Kai was never the type to act stressed, but when it came to his sister's impulsive actions the young man couldn't help but panic.

"Sis, you're gonna give me a heart attack one of these days," Kai admitted, running a hand through his hair.

"Just please, never do that again unless you have one of us with you."

"Hey, just because you're older doesn't mean you can boss me around," Nya remarked with a joking tone that carried a hint of annoyance.

"I'm serious, sis. What if you didn't disarm those criminals fast enough? What then? You could have gotten hurt and then there would be no one there to help you. It's stupidly dangerous, Nya!" Kai whispered loudly.

Before Nya continued, she muted their end of the call. She then turned to her brother.

"I know, it was stupid of me to do it, but I guess... I just really miss being a hero and helping people. Not being one makes me feel like... like I lost my purpose in life," Nya mumbled, staring down at her feet. Kai then kneeled down to be eye level with his sister.

"Sis, you didn't lose your purpose in life. Sure it was a great thing for you to help save Ninjago, but you know you're so much more then that. You do have a purpose, Nya... Like being my little sister," Kai said as he roughed up her hair.

She chuckled before swatting his hand away.

"But in all seriousness, we all have our purposes for being here. Wheather you know what those purposes are yet or not, we have them, so don't worry," Kai explained.

Nya grew a smile towards her brother before she punching his shoulder.

"Ow!" He complained with a quick laugh.

"Wow, you really get all mature when you're in big brother mode, don't you?" Nya teased before she standing up.

"Hey, don't dis what is clearly a gift, sis," Kai bragged before he fell onto her bed, throwing his hands behind his head. Nya laughed once more. She then unmuted the call, so their friends could hear them.

"I'm guessing everything is good now?" Zane asked with a hint of his usual upbeat tone.

"Yeah, we're good, but the police still haven't talked about anything ninja related yet," Nya responded.

"Well, they are ninja. Maybe we should just skip the police scanner and just go find them ourselves?" Lloyd suggested.

"That would take too looooong. The city is huge!" Kai whined.

"Maybe we could split up?" Jay suggested this time.

"Like two of us stay with the police scanner while the rest look for the Ninja on foot?"

"That would be faster, but those ninja seem to be stronger then us. I'd hate to not have the whole team there if there's more of them," Lloyd explained.

"Pfft, I could take those guys again. I want to take down that ice one for freezing me," Nya claimed as she smashed her fists.

"Remember Nya what Master Wu said," Lloyd added.

"Yeah yeah, no revenge," Nya sighed with obvious irritation.

Sssshhhh

A static noise then made everyone shut their mouths.

"Uh sir, we just spotted a group of colorful ninja breaking into a jewelry store," one policeman spoke.

"Could you repeat that, George? I don't think I heard you right," another policeman replied.

"Yeah, I said a group of colorful ninja just broke into a jewelry store on Main Street," the first policeman repeated.

"They're breaking into a jewelry store?" Cole asked.

"Okay, forget what Master Wu said. These guys are clearly up to no good," Nya spoke with fury rising in her tone.

"Head out, guys. And, don't forget your ear pieces. Don't wanna get separated again," Lloyd said.

Once orders were given, Nya and Kai ended the call and turned off the scanner before they prepared to leave.

Jay's Pov (Show)

"We are so dead... DEAD I TELL YOU!!!" I shouted as I threw my arms up into the air.

Hope you guys enjoyed~😀😄😄

Laterzzzz