Chapter 3 The Fountain & Nerdy Fans

Nya's Pov (show)

I heard muffled noises that seemed distant from me.

I couldn't see anything yet, but I was able to move my body slightly.

I shifted my hand to my head while my vision started coming back to me.

"Miss? Hey, are you all okay?" I heard someone say.

My hearing came back to me gradually, and the world finally stopped feeling like it was spinning.

I lifted my head up; my vision was normal now. An older man wearing a messy apron and red visor was looking down at me.

"Wha-what happened?" I managed to utter out.

"Uhh, I don't really know, honestly. One minute I was selling my hotdogs in the park, and the next second after that, you and your cosplaying friends just appeared in the fountain," the guy explained to me.

His words hit me, and my memories slowly flooded back to me.

"Guys!" I shouted.

I shot up onto my feet as fast as I could. My legs, though, still weren't working with me yet, so I ended up falling back into the water.

Water... wait... am I in a fountain?

My eyes scouted the area around me now, and I soon realized that my friends were laying in the fountain with me. I fumbled over to the guys, Kai being the closes, and began trying to wake them up.

"Kai, Jay, Cole-- everyone, wake up!" I exclaimed. My brother let out a groan while I was shaking his shoulder.

"Nya?" the only word he was able to say.

"Yeah, Kai, it's me," I replied. Once Kai sat up, the others were moving around too.

"Whoa, head rush," Jay said as he clutched the side of his head.

"Anybody remember what happened?" I heard Cole ask.

"There... there was that hooded man who took the Realm Crystal," I reminded them.

"And then he opened a portal, so that means..." Zane trailed off while we all began to look at our surroundings.

We were in the middle of a huge city. Several people were rushing around, most likely to get to their everyday places.

"We're in another realm," Lloyd finished.

...

After everyone was able to move around, we got out of the fountain and took a walk through this park we were now in.

"Well, this is just great! Me and Jay finally got a lead on finding Master Wu, but oh life just couldn't be that easy for us, could it? Now we're stuck in this alternate realm without a way to get home," Cole complained loudly.

"There's a way, Cole. We just need to find that hooded figure, find out what he's up too, and take back the Realm Crystal," Lloyd encouraged him.

"But, why exactly would that stranger want to come here? It just seems like any normal city," I stated, admiring the blossom filled trees.

"Nya's got a point. What would that guy even want from here? There's plenty of busy cities in Ninjago," Kai added as we finally reached the end of the park.

We crossed the street and continued walking through the busy crowd.

"Has anyone noticed people have been glancing our way?" Jay questioned.

"I noticed that too," Lloyd spoke up.

I turned my gaze towards the people walking around us. Alot of them were definitely staring.