Chapter 21

EDITED

"What?" Haylie breathed, mortified by the mental image his words had created.

Derek had already started tying the blue band around his arm to cut off the blood flow, as if it didn't even phase him.

Stiles picked up the saw, pressed the on button for barely a second before leaning over the table as if he would vomit. "What if you bleed to death?" He asked, trying to hold his bile down.

"I'll heal if it works." Derek growled through his teeth.

Stiles still shook his head, taking deep breaths. "I don't know if I can do this." He confessed.

"Why not?" Haylie, despite everything, scoffed at the question.

"Well, the cutting through the flesh, sawing through the bone and especially the blood!"

Derek groaned, letting his wounded arm hand on the cold metal table between them. "You faint at the sight of blood?"

This time Stiles scoffed. "No but I might at the sight of a chopped off arm!" He yelled.

Haylie stayed quiet, still picturing the blood spray and the way Derek would scream. "Okay how about this," Derek started, "Either you cut off my arm, or I'm going to cut of your head."

"Stop it!" Haylie finally found her voice, tears brimming in her eyes. "Please, just stop it." She whispered with such pain Derek's knees buckled.

Before Derek got the chance to speak, his eyes squeezed shut and he bent over, he really did vomit. Stiles cringed from the black goo sprayed across the floor while Haylie rushed to help Derek stand back up straight. "Oh my god what is that?" Stiles gagged.

Derek took a few deep breaths, leaning his weight onto Haylie before transferring it back to the table. "It's my body trying to heal itself."

"It's not doing a very good job of it."

"Stiles!" Haylie screamed at the sarcasm.

Derek took another breath, "Now." He spoke again, breathless, hanging his arm straight across the table. "You need to do it now."

"I honestly don't think I can." Stiles groaned.

She didn't think about anything but the pain in Derek's eyes. The way his breaths were so heavy as if they were limited. She just picked up the saw and turned it on. Thankfully, he squeezed his eyes shut just as she started to lift it down towards his arm.

"Stiles?"

She had never let go of a button faster in her life.

Scott came rushing in, seeing Haylie with the saw to his arm and frowned. "What the hell are you doing?"

"Oh, thank god." She breathed, letting the saw drop back to the table.

Derek pulled himself back up to a standing position. "Did you get it?"

Maybe the fear of losing his arm gave him enough strength to stand again. Scott moved forward, taking Haylie's place and handed over the bullet. "What do you do with it?" Scott asked, noticing the way Derek started to sway on his feet.

"I'm going to..." He trailed off once, "I'm going to..." He trailed off the second time as his body fell limp and he fell to the floor losing consciousness.

"No!" Haylie screamed as she fell to her knees next to him and Scott scrambled to get to the bullet. "No, come on Derek" She begged as she tried to shake his cold wet body. "Derek, you have to wake up." Stiles fell down on his other side, catching her attention.