Chapter 26

Haylies pov 

I decided against the rest of the day at school so I went home and walked in hear stiles yelling, so I ran upstairs and he was on the phone. "Goodbye!" He said slamming his phone onto the bed.  

"Everything okay?" I said slowly walking into his room, and leaning on the wall next to the door. He looked at me but didn't answer. He just sat on his desk chair and sighed. Stiles and I both jumped when our dad knocked on the door. "Please tell me I'm gonna hear good news at this parent teacher thing tonight." He was talking to stiles more than me. Stiles picked up a sharpener and started to fiddle with it. "Depends on how you define good news?" I laughed a little. 

"I define it as you getting straight A's with no behaviour issues." He said with hope in his voice. 

"Might wanna rethink that definition." Stiles replied looking a little guilty. 

"Nuf said." Dad said disappointed, and walked out. 

"So, what's going on who were you talking to?" I asked while sitting on his bed.

"Scott's answering machine. He still out with Allison."  

"Look, I know you're his friend but, let him have this day. He hasn't had a lot of them lately. Let him be a normal teenage boy, who skips school to hang out with his new girlfriend." Stiles nodded then turned to face me. 

"When I was round Lydia's, I saw this on her phone." He said while chucking it to me. "You stole her phone?" He nodded then motioned towards it. I looked at it and saw a picture. "Oh my god, is that?" I didn't need to finish I knew it was. The alpha. "Why does Lydia have this?" I asked looking away from it and to my brother.  

"She must of taken it by mistake the other night. But I don't think she's seen it, I just don't know what to do with it?" I sighed and looked at it again.  

"Your sure she hasn't seen it?" I asked. Stiles nodded. I stood up and placed the phone on his desk. "Delete it." Then I pulled my bag up on my shoulder and walked out.  

When I got into my bedroom, I just closed the door in time for the balcony doors to fly open. Derek ran in shirtless and a little dirty, "Wow, hello?" I said confused. He ran to my closet and pulled out a dark tee shirt. "I need to stay here a few days." He said pulling it on. I looked at him confused. "Why? Derek what happened?" I said concerned. He stopped and looked at me. 

"My house isn't safe anymore, some of the hunters came by and tried to kill me." I thought about the people I saw walking towards his house earlier. "Hunters? But," I rubbed my forehead and then pushed my hair back. "Remember when I was questioned about you by those detectives?" He nodded. "When I went to see you earlier, I saw three people walking towards your house, I recognised one of them as Detective Williams, I didn't recognise the other two though. Is that why you texted me?" He nodded,

"I could sense you coming if you were there while they were, Kate would have hurt you."  

"Kate? Allison's aunt?" He nodded. I sighed. "Of course you can stay here. I'm glad your okay." He smiled a little. "But I have homework to do so..." He nodded then took a seat on my couch. "You're gonna sit there, till I'm done?" He grabbed a book from my nightstand, he scoffed a laugh. "Really?" He said holding up my English literature copy of red riding hood. "Shut up." I said going to grab it, but he pulled it away. And suddenly looked serious. "Have you read this?" I shook my head.  

"Not yet, it's not even the original legend." He looked at me intently. 

"Have you read the original?" He said while giving the book back. I shook my head and walked over to my desk, placing the book down. "Why?" I asked curious about why he was acting so serious. He shook his head now, and picked up my history text book, he seemed to like that book. "It's an interesting read. You should try it." He seemed suspicious, but I ignored it.