Chapter 22

2 weeks later

"Look, I dont care If your seeing a guy! I just want to know who he is!" Lydia was harrasing me, again. This had been going on for the past week now. She was convinced that I was always blowing her and Allison off to hand out with a guy. It was partly true, but not because I was dating anyone, because I had to much shit to deal with. I guess at night I blew her off to hang out with Derek, but we wernt dating, I dont think, we hadnt said anything. We hook up most nights, but theres no, hugging or holding hands, I guess we couldnt do that anyway since I told my dad that Derek was harrasing me, and he was convinced Derek was dangerous. Stiles and Scott couldnt find out because they both disliked him, and didnt trust him, I could tell Lydia to make sure she keeps it a secret, but shes not very good at those, espically since shes doing her best to keep Jackson. Hes acting strange lately, hes come to Scott numerous times, confrontng him about him acting all super powery on the field.

"Lydia, If I was dating someone, You'd know about it, trust me" I said as we walked to lunch. She stopped infront of me, and looked me up and down, "Fine, dont tell me. I'll just hang out with Allison and Scott." She did that alot lately, since Jackson was going Awol on her. Derek told me to keep an eye on him, Its been hard since Jackson and I dont hang out seperately. "Lydia, Is everything okay with you and Jackson?" I asked looking conserned, She sighed,

"Of course, Hes just been obssesing over Scott, He thinks hes on drugs." She said as we started walked towards the lunch room. I saw Stiles and Scott sitting at a table, and they both waved me over, I was about to walk over when Lydia grabbed my arm, "Really? Your ditching me again for your brother?" She looked really surprised, I felt bad I had been ditching her for them lately. three weeks to be exact. I shook my head, "No, why dont we go  and ge some fresh air, I'll drive to the coffee shop and we can get some." I said with pleading eyes, She nodded,

"Lets grab Allison first." I nodded and we went to find her.

The car ride was filled with laughter, I felt like we hadnt been like this in so long, It was normal for those two, but I hadnt laughed like this in nearly a month. Everthing bad about my life washed away for that 10 minute drive. We had calmed down while we were standing in the line for coffee, and Lydia had run to the toliet leaving me and Allison sitting at a small table. "So, Hows things with Scott going?"  I asked and a smile appeared on her face,

"Its great, I really like him." Her face didnt drop the smile as she spoke about him, and how there dates have gone, She was telling me about when her aunt, Kate, invited Scott to have dinner with them, a few weeks ago when Lydia came back to the table. "So, what are we doing tonight?" She asked and Allison and I looked at each other confused. "We're hanging out tonight right?" She folded her arms and lent on the table looking at us. "Umm." I said looking to Allison.

"I'm sorry Haylie I forgot you'll probably be hanging out with your new boyfriend." Lydia said smugly causing Allisons head to whip towards me. "You're dating someone?" I guess that was a good way to change the topic. "No, I'm not." I said reasuring her.

"You so are!" Lydia said excited. "How else could you explain your ditching us." she said gesturing towards Allison,

"Lydia drop it." I said not helping a small smile come on my face as I thought of him.

"Haylie?" A voice came from behind me, I turned around and speak of the devil. "Derek? what are you doing here?" I asked as he walked from the counter to our table.

"I could ask you the same question? Shouldnt you be at school?" He asked once he reached us.

"We're just getting some coffee during lunch." I said giving him a glare, telling him to leave.

"Do you want to join us?" I spun round to see Lydia smiling at him, almost flirtatiously. I looked back up to Derek and he nodded, "Sure I have nowhere else to be,"He said while grabbing a chair and sitting in between me and Allison, He had a smile on his face, which is when I knew he was here for a reason since he was being all nice and happy. "I'm Lydia, and I know you know Allison and Haylie." She said my name with a little sigh.

"I know Haylie pretty well actually." He said smiling at me, which I couldnt help but smile a little back. and blushing in the process.  I saw Lydia and Allison give each other looks from the corner of my eye. Derek took a sip from his coffee, It must have been boiling but it didnt seem to faze him. He took of his jacket. "Lydia, Your dating Jackson Whitmore right?" He question caught all of us of guard.

"Yeah, how did you know that?" Lydia asked, and Derek smiled. 

"I met Jackson once or Twice," He said giving me a look. I didnt like that he was going to use my friends for information. "Look, we'd love to stay and chat but I think we need to get back to school," I said after a few more minutes of questions.  I stood up and was putting on my jacket when Allison and Lydia started to do the same. Derek stood up aswell "Okay, well, I'll see you tonight then." I was about to say something when Derek pulled me in for a kiss causing Allison and Lydia to gasp. I was about to push away but Derek let go first. He grabbed his jacket and walked out before us. "Not dating anyone?" Lydia said with her arms folded across her chest.

"I'm not!" I said confused by what had just happened. Did Derek think we were a thing? And who does he think he is kissing me infront of my friends like that? I cant deal with this right now I need to back to school.

Once we arrived the bell rang signaling the end of lunch, So we said our goodbyes and went to class, I unfortunetly had extra gym, which I thought would be fun to take. I was wrong. "SO,SOCCER!" Screamed coach. I groaned. I hated soccer, I was decent at it but I wasnt great.

After by embarressing performence, Allison and I were in the changing rooms, and she was laughing about how bad I was.  "You would think a dancer like you would be good at sports." I sighed and she stopped her laughing a little. "I'm sorry." I looked at her.

"Oh no its fine. I was just thinking. I might not be a dancr for much longer." My ankle was starting to give me grief, So I had been missing classes, because the doctor said if I fall again and hurt it, it could snap. Then goodbye dancing carer. "Haylie, I'm sure it will be fine, loads of dancers come back after a snapped ankle." Allison said reasuring me. I smiled at her.

"I know, I'm just over worrying." I laughed a little.

"So.... Derek? That was intresting?" Allison asked while looking at me.

"Thats one word for it." I sighed. "We're not together like that. I think hes just confused." I said trying to cover up.

"Yeah, I'll say that kiss was defernitly confusing."