Chapter 32

Chris argent pov

"The girls Haylie." I said to my sister as we pulled up outside the preserve.

"The one with the sheriff?"

"Yeah."

"It her." Dan said as he climbed in the back of the car. "Shes an Anchor. Shes got the mark and everything. " He said it almost disapointed.

"Do you know if she knows about Derek and werewolves?" He shook his head.

"I dont think shes knows anything. But theres something else..." He didnt gat a chance to finish before Kate interrupted.

"If Dereks in love with her. Then we can use her to catch, him and maybe even the Alpha."I heard Dan sigh. I turned around to look at him. He was looking out the window at her. "You okay?"

"Shes just a kid, We shouldnt use  her if she knows nothing about this stuff. Its not fair." Kate turned around as well.

"Aww would you look at that does Detective Williams have a crush on little Haylie?" He looked away from the window and towards his feet not answering her.

"Be careful Daniel. We dont know what she knows." He didnt answer he just looked back up to Haylie, She was talking to her brother and her dad. I saw the look in his eyes. I've seen that look before.

Haylie pov

"How was your date?" My dad asked me as we were in the car heading home. I didnt want to talk about it. I couldnt feel anymore guilty. Stiles turned around from the front seat. "You had a date? why didnt you tell me? Wait. Who with?" I looked to the floor.

"Detective Williams, and It wasnt really a date." I lied but Stiles looked at me confused. I shook my head to let him know I didnt want to talk about it. He turned back around and the reat of the journey was silent. I decided I would tell Derek everything and promise not to see Daniel again. I wanted to be with Derek not Dan. I needed to tell him, next time I see him, I'll tell him everything.

When we got in I went straight to my room, I knew Derek wouldnt be there, but I needed to be away from people and think about what happened tonight. I wasnt alone for long. Stiles came into my room when I was doing my history homework. He sat down on my bed, and  turned to face him.

"Detective Williams?" I grroaned and buried my head in my hands.

"I know!" I was so mad at myself. "I'm going to tell Derek though, So its not like I cheated on him. I just...." I didnt know what else to say.

"Wait! Dereks alive?" Damn it. I closed my eyes and decided to tell Stiles everything. I started from when Daniel came up to me at the school after the other night. I moved on and told him everything Derek told me about Anchor Riding and the legend behind anchors. Then I told him about seeing Derek outside the hospital today, Then about my date with Daniel.

"Dereks gonna kill you!"  He yelled when  I was finished. I stood up.

"No hes not, do you know why? Because hes going to be too busy killing Dan! Remmeber the Alpha killed any guy who looked at Anchor." Stiles sighed.

"Well, you have to tell him. Dereks a jerk, but he doesnt deserve this."

"I know!" I yelled at Stiles and regretted it instantly. "I'm sorry Stiles. I'm just.... I'm just really stressed." He nodded accepting my apology. He stood up with a face that said he was thinking about something. "What is it?"

"Derek said every child born with that birthmark was an anchor right?" I folded my arms and thought about it, but nodded. "Yeah why?" Stiles ran out of my room and down the stairs into the living room. I followed and watched as he was grabbing books of the shelf. He came to one and sat down on the couch. I sat next to him and he placed it on the coffee table. When he opened it and started flipping through the pages, I realised  it was my mother and fathers wedding album. He stopped when  he got to one photo of my mother. She was laughing and her head was to the side. I didnt understand untill I saw the mark behind her ear. "Oh My God." I put my hand over my mouth, I couldnt believe I forgot about that. She had the same birthmark. She was an anchor aswell.