Chapter 37

"Hello Haylie." Chris was the one who came to the door.

"Hi Mr Argent. Is Allison in?"

"No I'm afraid she not.But she should be along shortly why dont you come in." He said with a smile and opened the door for me. I nodded and walked in.

"Why dont you take a seat in the living room and I'll get you something to drink." I nodded and walked in to the living room. I defernitly wasnt prepared for what I saw when I walked in. Mrs Argent, Detective Stevens and Dan. there were a few others but I didnt recognise them. They looked like they were having a meeting. I had a feeling I knew what the meeting was about. When I walked in everyone looked up at me. I felt unbelievably awkward. "Here you go." Chris said walking back in and handing me a glass of water. "I'm sorry I didnt know you had company. I can wait upstairs." I said looking for any excuse to get out of this awkward situation.

"No, please sit." Mrs Argent said and patted the seat next to her. Wow this is awkward. I was hesitant but I sat down and the two men I didnt know left when I sat down. "Thats a very intresting neckless." She said as I put my water down on the coffee table.

"Oh thank you. My mother gave it to me." I looked at Dan who smiled, I told him about my mother on our date. I smiled back politely. Mrs Argent and I were sitting on one couch and Detective Stevens and Dan were sitting on one opposite us. Chris sat down on the arm of a chair with his beer in hand.

"Can I see it?" She asked catching me off guard, but I nodded and took it off. When she had it she turned it over almost instantly. Like she knew there would be something on the back. She smiled when she saw the ingraving. I looked around and my eyes landed on Detective Stevens he was staring at me. It made me quite uncomfortable. Then thought about when I first met him. I picked my water up off the table but before I took a sip I asked him. "How did you get that scar on your back, Detective Stevens?" I sipped my water watching his expression change.

"I think you know how." His response caught me off guard. I pulled my water away.

"Josh." Chris said.

"No I dont." I said knowing they all knew I knew.

"Why don't I take my shirt of then you can get a better look?" he said leaning forward on his knees.

"Josh." Chris said again but we both ignored him.

"I doubt I'd know even if you did."

"How about, I tell you how I got my scar and you tell us about the birthmark behind your ear." 'Josh saw my expression change. "Told you she knew," I wasnt giving in this easy.

"Know what? Josh." I said putting empasis on his name.

"Haylie, Lets stop playing games, We know what you are. and We know you know what you are." It was Dan who was talking I looked to him. "I dont know what your talking about."

"Damn it! We know your trying to protect your friends!" Josh stood up and so did Chris.

"Calm down josh." He nodded to Dan and Dan took Josh out of the room.

"We, just want to know who told you? The Alpha? Derek Hale? Jackson?" It was Mrs Argent talking now. She placed my neckless on the table. "Your mother?" I turned to face her.

"What do you know about my mother?" She smiled a little. and was about to say something but Chris beat her to it. "Just that she was an Anchor as well." I could tell he was lying and tyring to stop his wife from talking. "Haylie? what are you doing here?" Allisons voice brought my head to the door and I saw her with Kate.

"I thought we could talk." I said standing up and grabbing my neckless. I walked away from her parents. She looked at Kate then to me and nodded. We walked up to her bedroom, but not before I got a glare from Kate.