t h i r t y t w o

Dallas ran towards Carol, screaming 'hey' to divert the walkers attention. some turned, but he held his gun up and shot the closest two to Carol. he shot one that was nearing him, shoving another when it came close.

"get to the house! T-Dog and Andrea are driving there now!" he yelled above the growling. he watched her run off, and turned around. three walkers were close behind, arms out as they tried to grab him. he shot one, and took his last clip out. he managed to replace the one in his gun, trying to work as fast as he could.

he ran, knowing he didn't have enough ammo to waste. he saw a car driving slowly, presumably Rick. he ran after, trying to yell for him. he waved his arms around, hoping that they would be able to see him through the walkers that stood between them.

the car drove off. he backed up, all the walkers who had been trying to get to the car now diverting their attention to him. his eyes widened as he felt a panic rise in his chest. there had to be at least seventeen now making their way towards him.

he turned around, and started to run. there were more in front of him, but considerably less. he shot one that was too close for comfort, pushing another to the ground. he ran as fast as he could, running past the barn that was now completely in flames.

he came to a stop when he realized he couldn't get past the amount of walkers now in front of him. he turned around, gripping his gun tighter when he saw the, now over twenty, walkers behind him. he turned and ran left, his chest burning. three walkers stood in his way of the dirt road he knew he would have to leave on. he raised his gun, aimed at the nearest one.

he shot, and turned around. he shot the closest two before turning back to the walkers blocking him from the road. he felt panic as he took in just how many were now forming around him, mouths hanging open as groans poured from their decaying, discolored lips.

his body completely froze when he was met with a click. he pulled the trigger again, hands shaking. three walkers had become five, with a good thirty behind him. he felt his eyes tear up as he slowly brought his gun down. he backed up slightly. it seemed like the five in front of him were picking up pace. he was reminded of when Shane had told Andrea how everything sped up. he had most certainly been right.

he felt like his heart was going to pound right out of his chest. while running he had barely noticed it, but when he reached the end of Hershel's property, and stood still, he felt as if he may collapse. he kicked himself for not drinking enough water and not eating correctly as of late.

he shoved his gun into its holster, and grabbed his knife. he was shaking so badly he doubted he'd even be able to take one down. he walked forward, trying to stray from the small group that had started to form in front of the road. the sounds behind him made him want to cover his ears, the groans louder than he had heard at one time.

groans were all he could hear. he felt as if all of his senses were heightened, every noise and sight seeping into his head. he could practically taste the disgusting odor that caused him to cringe. the air reeked of smoke, rotting, and burning flesh. the sight in front of him wasn't too hot either, every single one of them seemed to have flesh falling faster then the molding clothes hung on the body.

he could barely shove a walker down. when it fell, it was more of a stumble and some good luck that there had been a rock to trip over. it struggled for a moment, but still got onto it's feet rather fast. he was almost face to face with another one, its decayed fingers brushing against his shirt as it tried to grab him.

he took a deep breath. if he wanted to survive, he couldn't settle for just pushing the things over. he clenched his knife tightly, and ran back up to the walker. he raised his arm, slamming the blade into it's skull. it dropped, sliding off of his knife. he looked up, and ran to another one. he tried to ignore the invasive sounds that drowned out any thought. he pushed past the pain in his chest, and struck another one.

he groaned when the walker fell, pulling him down as well. his knife was stuck. he started to freak out, trying his hardest to free the sharp object. he looked up, tears flooding his eyes again when he saw three walkers drawing near. he gave two more sharp tugs before knowing he had to give up. but when he stood, he could see the group of walkers behind him edging closer. another minute and he would be completely covered.

he tried to run again, having to duck and shove walkers out of his way. he could barely muster the strength to push them over the first two times, so when he tried again, he wasn't surprised when they merely stumbled backwards a bit. it still got them out of his way.

Dallas couldn't stop thinking about the car. had everyone gone? there was absolutely no way that he would make it back to the house, even if there was people inside. from what he could see, all of the cars were gone. the barn was not an option, and the road seemed impossibly far and covered with groaning dead people.

tears streamed down his face as he tried to deny his own fate. he knew it though; this was probably the end. he had nowhere to go. he was majorly dehydrated. he hadn't eaten well in a few days. he probably had smoke in his lungs.

at least i got Tyler out of here, he thought to himself, feeling himself start to slow down. his vision was blurry, and it was only then he realized how hard he had been crying. he wiped his eyes on the back of his hand, and took another look around.

he felt himself freeze for a moment. but the sound of dragging footsteps got him up at running. the small light had to be from a car, or something of the like. he started to yell, trying to run but not really going beyond a fast walk.

the light seemed to come closer. a low hum started, quickly growing louder as the light grew. he yelled again, pushing himself to keep moving. his throat felt freezing, and any time that he sucked in, he felt like little needles were being scraped against the back of his throat.

he recognized the vehicle immediately. it wasn't a car, nor any of the trucks.

it was Daryl on his motorcycle. he pushed himself to run again, picking up speed with the hope of reaching the man before the walkers around him had a chance to finally tear into his skin. they reached for him, fingers gripping tightly on his shirt.

Daryl came to a stop, and took his gun back out. he shot two walkers that was in Dallas' way over. he all but jumped onto the back, tears still streaming down his face. he had never felt so terrified in his life. he turned to look at the crowd forming where he had stood only moments prior.

Daryl started to drive off, and without thinking, Dallas wrapped his arms around his waist to hold on. he didn't even care that he was still crying, he didn't try to hide it either. his tears soaked into Daryl's vest, but the man didn't seem to mind.

the walkers tried to follow behind the bike, but they were lost rather quickly as Daryl sped up. Dallas squeezed him harder, terrified of the thought of falling off and hitting the road.

he looked back to the farm. to the barn that was nothing more than a wooden frame caked in bright orange and yellow flames. thick, black smoke rose from the structure, into the air. walkers covered every single inch of the property, stumbling around with no place in mind.

he turned away from it, trying his best not to feel absolutely destroyed. he felt like his heart was going to beat out of his chest, it still hurt when air hit the back of his throat, and a mix of anxiety and sadness mixed inside of his chest. not to mention, all of his and Tyler's belongings were now gone. any pictures of their parents, all of the blankets their mother had made on her own, all the random items they had decided to save and take with them- everything was gone.

Dallas let himself cry again. he felt that this may be the last chance he could. he didn't know if he would ever see his brother again, and that sent him in a horrible spiral of thoughts. he felt drowned in images of his brother dying, maybe even blaming him for running off to help Carol.

he had almost completely forgotten he was on the bike with Daryl. he let go of the man, leaning back and holding onto the edges of the seat instead. he was still shaking, and the dizziness hadn't gone away. it almost felt worse. he wiped his eyes, head hung low. his sniffles were drowned out by Daryl's loud bike, but that didn't prevent the trembling.

soon, Daryl stopped the bike. he elbowed Dallas slightly, motioning for him to look forward. he looked past Daryl's shoulder, eyes widening.