t w e n t y s i x

"boy there's got a gang," Daryl said as the two walked up to the camp. "thirty men. got heavy artillery, and ain't lookin' to make friends. they roll through here, our men are dead. and the women are gonna wish they were."

"what did you do?" Carol spoke up, looking at his knuckles. Daryl looked down at them momentarily, then back up at her.

"had a little chat," he responded.

"no one goes near this guy," Rick stated.

"Rick, what are you going to do?" Lori asked, turning to face him and stepping closer. he clenched his jaw, and swallowed.

"we have no choice. he's a threat. we have to eliminate the threat," he spoke, looking between everybody.

"you're just gonna kill him?" Dale asked, looking disgusted at the idea.

"it's settled," Rick announced, not being able to even look at the older man. "we'll do it today."

he started to walk off, and Dale followed. Shane watched them walk off, jaw clenching.

as everyone walked off, Daryl turned to him. he shook his head, and watched him start to walk away. he turned to the barn, mind wondering.

he watched as Carl walked into the barn through the back. he glanced at Shane and Andrea speaking in front of it, totally unaware.

Dallas ran up to them. Shane looked at him with an unreadable look.

"Carl's in there," he spoke. Shane immediately looked pissed, and turned around without another word. he threw open the barn doors, Andrea close behind.

sure enough, Carl was no less than five feet in front of Randell. they both turned as Shane stormed in. he pushed Carl behind him.

"what did you say?" he barely gave Randell any time to respond. "man, what did you say?"

he pulled his gun out, and shoved him against the wall by his throat.

"Shane-" Andrea called his name as he put the gun to Randell's mouth.

"i will shoot you where you stand, now open your mouth. open your mouth. you like talkin' man? you like talkin'?"

"Shane, back off!" Andrea yelled at him. Randell kept his lips as tight as possible as Shane attempted to push the metal into his mouth.

but to Andrea's words, he did back off, sliding his gun into his holster and turning to Carl.

"get your ass out this door, let's go," Shane dragged him by the arm. Andrea glanced at Randell before walking out.

Dallas stared at him with disgust before walking out and closing the door.

from a distance, he watched Dale approach Daryl. he was headed over to the man himself, but slowed his pace so the two could talk alone if needed for a few moments.

he seemed to be getting ready to head off. he had his crossbow and jacket on.

the moment he got there, he felt immediately awkward as Dale said,

"you cared about what happened to Sophia."

he turned around, saw Dallas from over Dale's shoulder, and waved him to come closer.

"cared what it meant to the group. torturing people? that isn't you. you're a decent man. so is Rick! Shane, is different."

"why is that? cuz he killed Otis?" Daryl asked. Dallas paused behind Dale.