s e v e n t e e n

by the time Dallas and Tyler had gotten back, Rick and Shane had returned. they both looked majorly irritated, Rick more so. Dallas decided to approach him, talk about some future plans.

Andrea and T-Dog arrived back as he walked over to the former sheriff. Andrea took Dales place up top the RV, and Dallas suspected she did so only to be able to hold a gun around camp again.

"hey Rick," Dallas greeted.

"hey," he spoke, looking up from the ground. he stood, and dusted his hands off onto his jeans.

"how's Carl doing?" he asked, leaning against the tree.

"great, he's making a good recovery," Rick responded. his facial expression changed. "we're all beyond thankful for you helping. not just with Sophia, but Carl too."

"it's no problem. they're kids, and i'm glad i can help," Dallas smiled. Rick did as well. "what are your plans for after Carl gets better?"

now Rick's face fell and he let out a sigh.

"i've asked Hershel to consider letting us stay," he spoke. "i'd rather not bring that up to the group yet though. for now, i'm just waiting to hear his response."

"so you want to stay?" Dallas asked curiously. the idea of living out here seemed almost like a dream compared to the small cabin they had been confined to.

"you've been out there," Rick said. "don't you think we'd be better off here?"

we.

"i was thinking this is a nice place," he responded, glancing over the farm. Rick opened his mouth to speak.

"walker!" Andrea suddenly called, saying it again but much louder. everyone turned, and Rick started to walk towards her.

"just the one?" he asked. he put his hand to his forehead and glanced over the field. Dallas followed him. Andrea looked threw her binoculars, and nodded.

"i bet i can nail it from here," she stated, setting them down and reaching for the shotgun.

"no- no. put the gun down," Rick told her. Glenn grabbed an ax, T-Dog reached for a bat, and Dallas pulled his knife out. he saw Tyler roll his eyes as he joined Shane to walk over to the roamer.

"you best let us handle this," Shane told her, a metal pickaxe in one hand, his hat in the other.

"Shane, hold up. Hershel wants to deal with walkers," Rick told him. Shane continued walking anyways.

"what for, man? we got it covered," he responded. Dallas followed, walking side by side with Rick when he returned from grabbing his revolver from the RV.

Andrea still stood atop of it, gun at her side. Dale watched them jog.

getting closer, Dallas could now see it. it was stumbling towards the camp, one arm behind as if it was dragging something.

the moment they got closer, Rick put his gun up. they all stared in confusion at the sight in front of them. if he hadn't been dragging his crossbow, Dallas would have thought Daryl was a walker.

blood was over his mouth, and he had an obvious injury on his side. he was dirty, and his clothes were torn, sweaty, and bloody. he seemed to be out of breath. the whole sight had an even more disturbing tone when he saw the necklace around his neck, two ears attached to it. and they weren't an animals either.

"is that Daryl?" Glenn asked, clearly confused as he stepped closer. the group had stopped behind Rick, eyes wide.

"its about time you pointed that thing at my head," Daryl scoffed, taking a step forward. he looked angry. "you gonna pull the trigger or what?"