Chapter 25

your p.o.v.

It was hard trying to run at full speed with a backpack on my back. Yet that was what I was trying to do. I wanted to catch him just in time. I glanced at my phone, looking at the layout of the gymnasium. I had to get to the entrance the players use if I want the chance to see him now rather than in another half hour before they finally went on the court. I sent a quick thanks to the other worldly powers that the weather was calmer today. While it was still cold, the air didn't feel sharp and harsh as I breathed in and out. 

I heard the loud engine of a vehicle, making me turn my head to the noise. Fukurodani Academy was plastered on the side of the bus. I made it! I continued running, now following the bus. 

I put my hands on my knees, catching my breath. The bus had stopped, yet no one was getting off. They must be getting one of those lectures/speeches coaches and captains give before games. Another bus pulled up behind Fukurodani's, players getting off immediately. Their volleyball uniforms were brightly colored. The sound of a bus door opening rang through my ears, grabbing my attention. The first to get off was Bokuto, followed by other third years. Konoha was the one to notice me hanging off to the side, 20 feet away. His mouth open and closed as if he was saying something and the players off of the bus waved my way.

I saw the shadow of someone scrambling to get off the bus. I started to take steps closer, removing the straps of my bag. Akaashi stepped off of the bus, handing his bag off to the closest person and running up to me. I took off my bag completely, dropping it and running as well. As soon as I was within arm's reach, Akaashi opened his arms and I jumped into them.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist. His arms came around my waist, pulling me close.

"I missed you these past two weeks," I said into his neck.

"I've missed you, too, love. I'm glad you're here."

Last weekend Akaashi got really busy with volleyball to prepare for today's matches, so he couldn't visit me in Miyagi. And because he was going to be preoccupied, we decided it wouldn't be worth it for me to visit either. It sucked not being able to see him. We'd never missed a weekend until then.

His hands moved down to my butt, then quickly to the underside of my thighs, to hold me up. Whoops and whistles began to erupt from the team. Akaashi and I laughed before he let go of my legs and I dropped them so I stood. I kept my arms around his neck. We were face to face.

"Hi, baby," I whispered.

He kissed my lips swiftly. "I'll give you a real kiss when we don't have tens of people watching us."

I giggled and let my arms fall to my sides.

"Y/N!" a feminine voice called out.

"Kaori! Yukie!" I waved to the two managers.

"We haven't seen you outside of a screen in so long!" Kaori was the first to give me a hug, then Yukie.

"A screen?"

"We'll explain later," Yukie whispered.

Akaashi grabbed my bag from the floor and placed a hand on my shoulder. "Say your hellos, love. I have some things I need to explain to you before we go in."

I nodded and waved at the girls before walking towards all the boys. "Hi guys!"

Bokuto and Konoha attacked me with a hug, making an 'oof' leave my mouth.

"N/N!"

"Birthday Girl!"

"Konoha-san, I have a name," I groaned, patting their backs.