Chapter 22

your p.o.v.

Morning Practice: 7:15 a.m.

"Ohayō," I mumbled, walking into the gym and shrugging off my coat. Ennoshita gave me his coat and bag before pushing past me and walked over to Tsukishima and Yamaguchi, who were getting out the volleyball net from the storage closet. I sluggishly put our bags down and made my way to Suga.

"You look energetic this morning," he teased.

"It's the morning and it's Monday. I don't know how you look so alive." I lazily greeted everyone else. Then my phone started ringing.

pretty boy💕 would like FaceTime...

"Hello?"

Akaashi was getting into a car. "I'm so sorry I missed your call! I woke up late!"

"Hi, N/N!" Akaashi tilted the camera to show a smiling Bokuto behind the wheel of his 18th birthday gift.

"Hi, Kou. And it's okay, baby."

Akaashi turned the camera back to himself. He ran a hand through his black hair. "I see you're at practice, I'll let you go. I'll try and call you during lunch. If not then I'll shoot you a text."

I nodded. "Okay, sounds good."

"Bye, my love."

"Bye, Y/N!"

"Byyye." I blew an air kiss before hanging up the phone and stuffing it in my bag. I felt livelier already.

~

"I'll see you guys after school, later!" Ukai said before walking out of the gym.

The rest of us gathered our things and headed to our respective wings of the school. The good thing about morning practice is it was never much, so nobody ever really left sweaty.

Us second years got to our lockers. Kirishima and Bakugo were just getting to school.

"Y/N-san!"

I smiled and waved at the red head. "Hi. How's your morning been so far, Kiri?"

"Honestly? Tiring. I didn't want to get out of bed."

Nishinoya came up from behind me. "Kirishima!" He sounded a bit like Bakugo when he screamed like that.

"Noya-san." Kirishima flashed a smile his way as he slipped on his indoor shoes.

Nishinoya grabbed Kirishima's arm and started going off about an assignment he needed help with. I was glad they got along and were in the same class. The two boys waved as they walked away. That left me, Bakugo, Ennoshita, Narita, Tanaka and Kinoshita at the lockers. The bell went off.

"I'll see you two," I pointed to Tanaka and Kinoshita, "at lunch."

They nodded, making their leave down the hall leading to Class 1 and 2. The other four of us made our way down the other hall that led to Class 3 and 4.

Bakugo came up beside me. "How's your wrist?"

I looked down to the faded bruises. "It looked pretty weird right after. But it doesn't hurt or anything. Sorry, again, that you had to see that."

He shook his head. "As long as you're good. I should have beat that girl's ass."

"Yeah and then get suspended or expelled. I appreciate the thought, but never do that."

English: 8:45 a.m.

The most boring class ever.

10 minute break