Chapter 14

your p.o.v.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" 

The crowd around the door rushed over to me, making my eyes widen. This is not going to go well. I closed my eyes and braced myself for impact. Akaashi's hands grabbed at my shoulders and suddenly the  sound of people running stopped. I opened my eyes to see Daichi with his arms spread in front of everyone.

"Okay, we do not want Y/N's seventeenth birthday to be her last day on Earth. A couple at a time, please." 

"Captain, you're a godsend," I breathed out. 

He turned around and gave me a wide smile. Him, Suga and Asahi were the first to come up to me. 

"Aw, you're growing up so fast!" Suga said, wiping fake tears. Next to him was Asahi, who actually looked like he was about to cry.

"Asahi-san! Are you okay?" 

"Oh he's just a big softie. He'll be alright," Daichi said. We talked a bit before they gave me a group hug and walked off. Next were the second years.

"Happy birthday hot mama!" Nishinoya exclaimed. From behind me I heard Akaashi clear his throat, making me blush in embarrassment.

"Nishinoya! Settle down," hissed Kinnoshita. 

Tanaka ruffled my hair as usual, stopping suddenly. "It's short!"

"Yes it is."

"I like it!" The other boys nodded in agreement.

"I can't believe you decided to do it," Ennoshita piped up. "It looks great."

"Thanks guys." I smiled warmly at them. Like the third years we exchanged a few more words and hugs before they moved on.

"Y/N-SENPAI!!!" Hinata yelled, running up to me in a flash of orange. Right before he made contact, Kageyama stopped him by tugging on his ear. "OW, OW, OW! Hanase, Kageyama!"

"Y/N-san, happy birthday," Kageyama said, bowing while still keeping a hold on Hinata. From behind him popped up Yamaguchi and Tsukishima. 

"Y/N!" Yamaguchi went around Kageyama and a flailing Hinata and gave me a hug.

"Hi, Tadashi," I said, hugging him back.

"I like your hair, it's cute," he whispered into my ear. He was always so nice.

"Happy birthday, senpai," Tsukishima said, walking up to me.

"Thank you, Kei," I said, teasing him. 

"Tch." He pulled me in for a sweet side hug and gave me a barely visible smile.

"Who knew the beanpole could be nice?" I asked, continuing to push his buttons. Kageyama snickered as Tsukishima rolled his eyes and walked off with his arm slung over Yamaguchi's shoulders.

"Now can you let go, Bakayama?" Hinata whined. Kageyama raised an eyebrow to me as if asking 'Are you ready?'. I nodded and opened my arms to Hinata. Immediately the younger boy ran into them. "Happy birthday!!! I like your hair, it looks really pretty!!!" He pulled away and gave me a huge smile.

"Thanks, Shoyo." The boy turned around and began pushing Kageyama towards the snack table.

"They all love you," a voice said. A hand interlocked its fingers through mine. I turned to meet Akaashi's warm look. I shrugged with a small smile on my face, scanning the yard. He led me towards a group of his teammates. 

I recognized one of them as the one who stood with Bokuto when Akaashi and I were saying goodbye at the training camp. "Pleasure to meet you, Birthday Girl. Konoha Akinori." He gave me a charming smile.