Chapter 21

your p.o.v.

My heart was beating hard and fast. I'm sure my eyes were wide as hell. My chest felt tight from excitement.

Akaashi's hands on my face moved down to my shoulders. He was still smiling. "I love you. I wasn't planning to say it like this, but I just had to say it. And you don't have to say it back if you're not ready, love. I'm okay with waiting."

Idiot! Say something! My mouth opened to speak but no words left my mouth. I took a deep breath, collecting my thoughts. "Keiji."

He cupped my cheek. I leaned into his touch. "Yes?" His eyes searched mine.

A surge of happiness and energy ran through me. "No fair! I wanted to say it first." I grabbed his hands and intertwined our fingers. I softened my voice. "I'm so in love with you."

Akaashi smiled wide. He pulled me in and kissed my lips over and over, trailing kisses to my cheeks and forehead, almost knocking off my glasses. His actions made me giggle. He playfully kissed my face a bit more before resting his forehead against mine. "Is it weird that I feel like a weight has been lifted?" he laughed.

I pulled away and cupped his face. "Not at all. It gets hard trying to keep it in. I feel stupid for not saying it sooner." 

His eyes closed, a smile on his lips. "I technically did say it sooner."

"Huh? When?"

He chuckled a bit. "This morning, actually. When you were in my lap after that weird hot spell. You were asleep and it slipped out. I was going to say it again when you woke up but I chickened out."

I thought back to this morning. I woke up when on his lap because I could hear his heart pounding. "Either way, I'm glad it's out. Now I can say it whenever I want."

He opened his eyes and smiled widely. He leaned in to kiss me when we heard a knock at the door.

~

"This has to be the most idiotic and genius thing you've done, Chikara," I said, my voice muffled by the cake in my mouth.

Akaashi, Ennoshita and I were currently sitting on my front porch, looking at the puppy Ennoshita brought home walk around the yard. It was now late in the day,  the sky dark and the street lamps giving the neighborhood an orange glow. Earlier it had been Ennoshita knocking on my door, excited to tell Akaashi and I the news. 

Long story short, my best friend noticed a stray puppy circling the neighborhood this morning. On a whim he asked his parents if he could bring it in. Somehow his parents ended up agreeing. Ennoshita took the day to wash the pup and buy everything he needed such as food, a collar, and a leash, along with things he didn't need such as adorable clothing and booties for the pup. Once everything was acquired, he came to visit.

"Baby, don't talk with your mouth full," Akaashi whispered behind me

"Baby, don't talk with your mouth full," Akaashi whispered behind me. I mumbled a 'sorry' and swallowed what I had in my mouth.

"Please, it was absolutely genius. I now have a child. Which you will help me take care of." Luckily my parents had heard the news from his and agreed I could have the puppy over from time to time.