Chapter 37

third p.o.v.

Y/N slipped into her jeans, buttoning them on and cuffing them at the bottom. She was excited for the day ahead, that was undeniable. She even woke up before Akaashi in a great mood. Though she couldn't tell if it was because of the start of the new year or because of the plans she and Akaashi had for the day. Either way, it didn't matter. Today the couple was going to spend the day with their friends and each other. It was going to be great.

"Y/N, baby, come eat breakfast, please!" Akaashi called out from the kitchen. He was setting a plate for his girlfriend, having already eaten breakfast himself. Now it was his turn to change and her turn to eat.

"Going!" Happily, Y/N left the bedroom, the one she could practically call hers after these last few months. The smell of breakfast made her stomach churn a little. It was still a bit early, and she didn't necessarily feel like eating. But she knew once they were out and about, she'd regret the choice to not eat. At least the food actually smelled good. "You say my name a lot more often lately," Y/N commented.

Akaashi laughed, his back turned to her as he set down a glass of her favorite juice. "To desensitize you. I like it, and I like saying it, but you get all weird when I use it."

He turned around and their eyes locked. Wide smiles were now etched on both of their faces. It was like the two were lost in a trance. Akaashi took a few steps towards Y/N and placed a hand up her jaw, tilting her face to plant a kiss on her lips softly. 

"You look pretty as always," he said, tracing the shape of her lips with his thumb. "I'm gonna go get ready. Then we can go after you're finished eating." He nudged his nose against hers, taking note of the way her cheeks were now tinted in a light shade of pink.

~

Bokuto paced the room excitedly, his now teen aged pup bouncing around his legs just as energetically. Bokuto, like his friends, was excited for the day ahead. He couldn't imagine anything better than spending the day with his best friends and his girlfriend. He was a people person, after all. 

The sounds of Lilith's barks snapped him out of his excited daze and he realized there were knocks at the door. Bokuto left his room, but not before checking his hair looked presentable and double checking his clothes were on right. He walked through the house, making his way to the front door. He looked through the peephole to see his best friend, his best friend's girlfriend, and his own girlfriend all outside.

"Hey, hey, hey! Come in!" Greetings were made between the friends, smiles exchanged. 

"Hi, Kōtarō," Laila said, placing a kiss on her boyfriend's cheek.

"Mm-mm. No cheek kisses," Bokuto said firmly, tilting her face to kiss her lips instead. 

Y/N and Akaashi laughed behind them. "Looks like you were right," Y/N said as soon as the other two pulled away from their kiss.

Laila rolled her eyes playfully. "What'd I tell you? Kou doesn't like cheek kisses unless we're cuddling."

"You talk about me?" Bokuto asked, a smile on his face and an eyebrow raised.

"Constantly," Laila replied, her voice laced in amused sarcasm.

"Do you talk about me?" Akaashi asked Y/N jokingly.

"Constantly," Y/N said, in the same tone Laila had used.

The four teens went to the living room to lounge around, making conversation while they waited for everyone else to arrive. Half the group was still missing. From the other four, surprisingly the next to arrive were Ennoshita and Amari, despite being the ones with the longest distance to travel. Y/N had invited them after Bokuto mentioned he had two more tickets for the festival and was leaning towards inviting another couple. She was actually surprised they made the arrangements on such short notice. The only downside was the pair had to take an early morning train to get to Bokuto's by 10 and would have to leave earlier than everyone else so Ennoshita could get Amari home a decent amount of time before the clock struck twelve.