Chapter 1

y/n p.o.v

I walked into the hall, yawning. It's too early for this. Why the hell is school so necessary? I noticed my friends by the lockers. My best friend Ennoshita was waving me over.

"Y/N!" said the smallest boy of the group.

"Noya!" I replied, keeping the same energy. I laughed and said my hellos to the four other boys: Tanaka, Ennoshita, Narita and Kinoshita. Tanaka came up to me, giving me a side hug and ruffling my hair, knowing it annoyed me. I pushed him away, groaning and fixing the mess that was now on my head. They all began talking about volleyball, since they were all on the team. I tuned out the conversation, turning to my locker and pulling out my shoes.

"Maybe we should tell Shimizu-senpai to ask Y/N. She isn't in any clubs, right?" said Ennoshita to the boys.

I turned towards him, curious. "Ask who to ask me what?"

The boys all turned towards me, but Tanaka and Nishinoya looked weirdly excited.

Ennoshita cleared his throat, and rubbed the back of his neck like he was embarrassed. "Well you know how the team is preparing for the Spring Tournament?" I nodded, raising an eyebrow. Where is this going? "Our current manager is a third year and she wants to find a kouhai for next year. She asked us to let her know if we knew anyone would be interested. And I remembered you're not in any clubs or sports. You're our friend, you know a couple of the other guys. It would be fun, don't you think?"

I almost laughed at the suggestion. Wow, manager for the volleyball team? I mean... on one hand, it would be nice to be a part of something, especially with my best friends. I knew Sugawara and Hinata, and met Kageyama once. They were nice, especially Suga. Hinata was really hyper, but he was sweet. Kageyama was standoffish but nonetheless he was nice the one time I met him. This was a chance to make new friends and make high school memories like everyone raged about. On the other hand, though, I'd have responsibilities now that I didn't have before, along with having to learn about volleyball in its entirety. And there was always the possibility the other boys on the team didn't like me. But it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

"Tell your manager.. to find me later. I'll consider it." I leaned my head on Ennoshita's back, internally groaning. What did I just get myself into? Around me I heard the boys high-fiving and cheering.

~

"L/N-san?"

I turned around to see a girls holding a volleyball club jacket. This must be the manager Tanaka won't shut up about. She's pretty.

"Yes? And you can call me Y/N."

"Okay then, Y/N. I'm Shimizu Kiyoko. The second years were telling me how they explained to you about our manager situation and that you seemed to be interested. Is that still the case?"

I should let her know I'm not sure, what if someone else really wants to be manager and she's wasting her time on me. "Uh, yeah. But you should know, I'm not 100% on joining. I don't know if that changes anything for you."

"That's fine. Are you free to stop by the gym today after school?"

"Yeah, I can do that. I'll see you later then, Shimizu-san." I gave her a quick smile, heading to your next class.

~

I walked over to the gym with Ennoshita since we shared our last class. He gave me a big smile, opening the door. I stuck my tongue out as I walked into the gym. He pouted and shoved me lightly. I laughed, accidentally bumping into someone.

"I'm so sorry! He pushed me!" I pointed a finger at Ennoshita, who was stifling a laugh, and looked up to see a guy with broad shoulders and short, dark hair. He laughed warmly.