Chapter 30 [Julie]

I woke to the light shining out of my window. Today's such a beautiful day. I feel like I'm dreaming even though I'm wide awake since I pinched myself thrice already. I can't believe it. I nailed the variety show case. Idina Menzel loves it. Ms. Russo told me I rocked. I didn't disgrace my fellow mentorees. I brought justice to one of the world's hardest songs. Yup, I'm living the dream.

So now, since the variety showcase is over. We have our vacation. Nessy and I agreed that we should invite Alex to NYC with us for the break since he has never been outside Canada (that's excluding UK since he's studying with us here). We plan on asking him later today at brunch. Right now, I have to start packing since we leave Tuesday and today's a Saturday.

I packed only some of my clothes since I won't be staying in NYC that long (probably 1 1/2 weeks would be the longest) and besides, I live there so most of my old clothes are in my closet in my room. I grabbed some of my other stuff like my laptop, iPod, camera, toothbrush and stuff and put them in another duffel bag. After an hour of packing, I'm done. I have 2 duffel bags and a sling bag.

I glanced at the clock and saw that it was 10:30. I opened the door of my room and saw that Alex and Nessy were both in the living room, watching some lifetime channel. Hmm... remind me to set them up while we're on vacation..

"Guys," I said. They both turned to me and smiled. "Morning Superstar!", Nessy beamed. "I Will Always Love You...", Alex made an attempt to follow me. I chuckled. "Give me 15 minutes to get ready then we can head to brunch," I said then they nodded. I made my way back to my room when Nessy called, "JULES, THE BOYS ARE COMING WITH US!!!". I was already making my way to the shower so I yelled back, "OKAY!!"

I emerged from the shower minutes later and dried myself off. I put on some undergarments then a sleeveless white and green floral dress that fell an inch above my knee. I matched these with black TOMS. Yup, I'm good to go.

I walked out of my room to see Nessy (who had an identical outfit as me except hers is white. Ha, ha. Coincidence much?) and Alex joined by Niall, Zayn and Harry. There's no Louis. There's no Liam. Okay, I can bear with that. In a way, I found myself not caring about Liam loving me back anymore. It must've been from the adrenaline rush of getting a standing ovation from people last night. Level up in my dream career. Maybe my true happiness is in my dreams, not Liam. Yup, it's official. I'm over Liam James Payne.

"Hey guys!", I chirped. "Took you long enough," Zayn whined. I rolled my eyes. "I had 15 minutes to change and dry off, Malik," I snapped. "At least it doesn't take my an hour to do my hair," I finished. I was followed by "Ooohh, Burn!", from the rest. Zayn smirked. Ahh, the vain guy who loves his hair. "Touche, Watson.", he said. "Whatever," I said. "Leggo guys! Niall's hungry."

We walked to the cafe and grabbed brunch. We sat out in the open field as usual. It seemed weird that 2 seats were empty since there was no Louis or there was no Liam. But we were still loud and noisy 'cause of Zayn and Harry's perverted jokes.

"So, where's Louis and Liam?", I asked. "Oh," Harry started. "Louis' making last minute changes with his vacation with Eleanor while Shirley's dragging Liam around." He rolled his eyes. For once, the mention of Shirley's name didn't hurt me as much anymore. Yup, I'm over it alright. Yay, me!

"So where are you guys gonna go for vacation?", Alex asked. "We don't know yet," Zayn said. "Liam suggested America this morning then he and Louis had an arguement about plan changes so it was a blur to the 3 of us." Niall and Harry agreed. "What about you guys?", Niall asked. "I plan to go back to Vancouver and write a couple of songs. That's the best that I can do.", Alex said. Whoa, I should definitely ask him to come with us to NYC now. But maybe later, not in front of the boys. "Julie and I are obviously going back to NYC!", Nessy chirped. We all laughed and kept talking.