Chapter 22 [Julie & Liam]

[LIAM]

Alright, it's the day of the big show. We're all in the backstage getting pumped up. It's 5 hours before the play starts and Ms. Russo was helping us and the Sharks vocalize. The Actors were being styled by the fashion class. The people were checking the lights, props, etc.. Yup, it's a busy day.

"Hello people!", Shirley greeted as she entered the backstage. She looked like she was struggling with her high, red stilettos. Her blonde hair was tied into a messy bun and she was wearing a white shirt, gray skinny jeans and a leather jacket.

She sat on one of the chairs in the make-up area. "Can you guys get started on me already? Later, you laborers are probably gonna focus on Julietta.", she said sarcastically. I saw a couple of the students roll their eyes and approach her.

Now that she mentioned Julie, where the heck is she? I haven't seen her since this morning and that's when the lads, me, her, Alex and Nessy (It's weird yet cool that we're starting to be a possey.) went out for breakfast in the Campus Cafe. She didn't do much talking though. Nessy told me that Julie was doing something called the "pre-show ritual".

"Alright Jets and Sharks!", Ms. Russo said. "Proceed to hair and make up since there are like 25 of you who needs their faces beautiful!' Was she implying that we were ugly? Oh well, whatever.

I got assigned to a make-up area beside Alex. Now would be a perfect time to ask him where Julie is. "Alex," I started. He turned to me. "Sup bro.?", he said. "Have you seen Julie?", I asked. He nodded. "Yeah," he said. "She's doing her pre-show ritual."

WHAT?! Do all actors have that?! She's been doing that since this morning!

"It helps her relax Liam," he said. Oh, he must've seen my weirded out face. "this is a big deal for her. After all, Ms. Idina Menzel's gonna be here." I just nodded. I wanted to see her now. "Where is she?", I asked. "She's on stage," he said. What? Really now?

After doing my hair and make-up. I slipped into my costume. It was simply a red, black and white plaid shirt, black chinos and white keds. Well, we were jets. Mittchel suggested that we wear plaid shirts and the Sharks wear plain, polo shirts so people can recognize which is which, so yeah.

Now, I'm ready. I looked at the time and 4 more hours till the play. I should go see Julie. I thanked the fashion students for their help and started to make my way to the stage when one of the world's most annoying voices stopped me.

"Liam, baby!" Shirley whined. I turned to her, with an irritated look on my face. Well, follow Julie's advise. Give her some hints that you want to break up with her.

Shirley was just sitting in one of the stools in the make-up area. Her make-up was ready and her hair was ready too. She looked ready but she's not doing anything while the crew was running around backstage, freaking out just to make sure everything goes right.

"Yeah?", I said. "Would you be a dear and go grab me a bottle of sparkling water?", she said. "My legs are so tired!"

I looked around and saw the lads giving her glares. Can I blame them? No, I can't. 

Focus Liam. Leave her hints that you want to break up with her, but take it slow.