Chapter 40 [Liam]

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I present to you... ONE DIRECTION!", the host said as we entered the stage in the Plaza Hotel.

Jacob's party is nice. Mostly kids (I'm sure it's Jacob's classmates and friends), some adults (probably Mr. and Mrs. Watson's colleagues and employees) and some other people my age (probably Julie and Jared's old friends). Most of the girls screamed when the host said "One Direction".

I looked around and saw that Julie was with Graham in the bar area. They were talking but they watched as we entered the stage. Graham whispered something in Julie's ear. She laughed and rolled her eyes. I looked down.

"HELLO EVERYBODY!", Louis said on the microphone."andfhdgbsnmdfnuhbaemdjfcvhyejnkr", was all we heard. Yup, it was a small crowd but the screams were loud. "The first song that we're gonna sing is 'I Should Have Kissed You'.", I said. "This song has a meaning for me and I hope you'll all see why.", I blurted. The lads turned to look at me but I just shrugged. As if Julie would care anyway, she has Graham now.

The song started to play and I kept my eyes locked on Julie. She would often glance at my way then give me a smile. I would nod then she would turn back to Graham. That really hurt man. Ouch.

LIAM:

"I keep playin' it inside my head, All that you said to me.

I lie awake just to convince myself, This wasn't just a dream.

'Cause you were right here,"

Harry joined in on his part. He noticed that I kept making eye contact with Julie but he didn't mind. He just kept singing while I kept staring at Julie who would either turn to talk to Graham, greet some guests or glance at me.

HARRY:

"And I should've taken the chance."

LIAM:

"But I got so scared,"

HARRY:

"And I lost the moment again. It's all that I can think about. Oh!

You're all that I can think about..."

ALL:

"..Is your heart taken? Is there somebody else on your mind?

I'm so sorry, I'm so confused.

Just tell me, am I out of time?

Is your heart breaking? How do you feel about me now?

I can't believe I let you walk away when,

when I should have kissed you.

I should, I should oh, I should have kissed you.

I should, I should oh, I should have kissed you..."

ZAYN:

"..When you stood there, just a heartbeat away.

When we were dancing, and you looked up at me.

If I had known then, that I'd be feeling this way.

If I could replay, I would have never let you go..."

Zayn's part really struck me a lot. It made sense for me. Julie was there all along. I loved her even before I was Liam Payne of One Direction. She's my Best Friend and loved me for who I am, not who others expected me to be.