Chapter 10 [Julie]

Today, my 1st period was Acting. I'm in the theatre. Nessy had song- writing for 1st period while Alex had music business. Nessy texted me in class that she was stuck with Liam, Louis and Harry. She spent half the period arguing with Liam about me and Ben and Jerry's. This caused me to laugh.

Anyway, for acting class. We did some excerpts from West Side Story. I got assigned to Scene 5. It's when Tony goes looking for Maria and she appears at the window above him. I got paired with some sophomore named Rene Galloway. He had dark brown hair and gray eyes. He's from France but he's very fluent in English. He's also majoring in theatre, so yeah, he's hot.

The scene went well. In the end, Mrs. Robertson, our acting teacher, complimented us both. She said that Rene and I gave her an idea on having West Side Story as a play for the Semester Showcase. And she says that if she pursues with the plan, she wants me and Rene to audition as Tony and Maria 'cause it'd be unfair if she just casted both of us right away. Well, that's great. I don't want to be bias. I'm not comfortable with getting daggers from my fellow actors. So yeah, the scene between me (Maria) and Rene (Tony) went like this:

TONY: *singing* "...Maria, Maria.."

MARIA: Ssh!

TONY: Maria!

MARIA: Quiet!

TONY: Come down.

MARIA: No.

TONY: Maria...

MARIA: Please. If Bernardo- *Tony cuts Maria off*

TONY: He's at the dance. Come down.

MARIA: He will soon bring Anita home.

TONY: Just for a minute.

MARIA: *smiles* A minute is not enough.

TONY: *smiles* For an hour then.

MARIA: I cannot.

TONY: Forever!

MARIA: Ssh!

TONY: Then I'm coming up.

Mrs. Robertson told us to stop 'cause this was the part where Tony has to climb up the window but the problem is Rene and I were on stage and there weren't any fake windows around. She just made us stop, she talked about the Semester showcase, then dismissed the class. She said she liked our scene so yeah, I guess I'm contented with that.

"Great job Julie.", Rene smiled. "You too. You'd make a brilliant Tony.", I smiled back. He definitely would. He's hot, he's French, he's hot. You know what I mean. "You'd make a perfect Maria.", he smirked. I blushed. When someone says your broadway character perfect, it's flattering.

"Thank you.", I grinned. "Can I have your number?", he asked. I nodded and handed him my iPhone. "Give me yours too.", I said. He nodded and handed me my phone. We typed and handed it back to each other. "It was great to meet you Maria.", he smirked. "You too Tony.", I nodded and walked away.

************************************************************************************************************

I walked out of the theatre and found Liam standing outside. "Bye Julie!", Rene waved and walked out of the classroom. I waved back. Liam looked at me with a weird look. I couldn't really point it out. Mixed emotions I guess.