you worry me

"You worry me."

Those words weren't unfamiliar to the ears of Ash Ketchum who always seemed to have a knack for getting himself into troublesome situations.

Ash chuckled sheepishly and scratched his neck. He looked up at Gou and gave him a sheepish smile. "Oops?"

Gou sighed in frustration. "Why do I even bother with you? You never listen."

Ash jumped to his feet and slung his arm around Gou's shoulder, bringing the taller boy down slightly to his level. He faced Gou with a happy grin. "Because you love me and can't resist me?"

"H-huh?!"

"Why is your face red?" Ash asked, staring curiously at Gou's red face. Gou's eyes grew wider than they already were and pushed himself out of Ash's grasp.

'What the hell is he talking about?! We're just friends! Hahaha....right?' Gou thought to himself nervously, trying to calm down. 'Of course I love him...as a friend...'

"Gou? Are you okay?" Ash questioned looking at Gou with concern.

"Uh, yeah." Gou replied shakily.

"Oh, good." Ash smiled with relief.

"Huh? Why? Do you think there's something wrong with me?" Gou asked.

"Well, I've noticed you been a lot frantic lately...especially around me." Ash said, putting a finger his cheek with a thoughtful expression.

"Eh? Really?"

"Yeah!" Ash smiled. "You know Gou, it's ironic you said I worry you cause you're starting to worry me."

Gou stared at the smiling boy in front of him, oblivious to the wild beating of his heart. "Hmph...seeing that you're using such words you're making me worry!"

"I KNOW HOW TO USE BIG WORDS!"

~♡~