simple

SIMPLE

In which, Ash reminds Gou about the value of simple things whilst in disguise.

~☆~

"So Ash," Gou began, catching the brown eyed boy's attention. "Tomorrow's our second year anniversary." Gou chimed with a happy grin.

Ash's eyes widened and his mind began to panic. He had completely forgotten. "Yeah." Ash said, smiling back at Gou before turning away to hide his panicstricken state.

"I'm glad you remember!" Gou exclaimed and stood up from the couch and made his way to the kitchen counter to watch Ash finish the dishes.

Ash tried to himself calm before turning to face his boyfriend with a flirty grin. "How could I forget? It's the day that changed my life forever." He said, making the boy in front of him blush.

"What a flirt." Gou smiled, rolling his eyes. "But I still asked you out."

"No, I- forget it. I'm not going to even try." Ash shook his head and went back to drying the plates.

"Ah, good know we agree."

"I didn't agree to anything. "

"Hmm, anyway...I got us a reservation at this restaurant by the sea." Gou's eyes lit up as he began to explain the plans he had fro tomorrow.

Usually, one wouldn't tell their significant other the details of their dates but Gou wasn't one to keep stuff to himself. He would sometimes over share things but wouldn't regret anything afterwards. But Ash found it cute when he did. Sometimes Gou would stop mid sentence and utter a little 'oops' when he found himself revealing something he wasn't supposed to.

However, no matter how adorable Gou looked with his starry eyes and blissful smile, Ash couldn't get his mind of the fact that he didn't have a gift for this adorable little angel.

So he made a plan that night while Gou was cuddle up next to him.

*

"Mmmh, what would Gou want?" Ash muttered to himself as he walked the long path of the shopping mall, looking into the shops and scanning for something his boyfriend might like.

"Maybe more pokeballs?" Ash pondered. But knowing Gou, he probably already had a lifetime supply stored somewhere. "Maybe some rare stones?" Ash questioned looking at a fire stone, water stone and grass stone through the glass. He quickly changed his mind when he saw the price and immediately walked away.

He approached a costume shop and stopped. His inner child was yearning for a peek inside.

Coming back out; Ash had a pair of  dark pentagon shades; a fake moustache and a rainbow cap with a propel at the top; he also wore a big, goofy grin on his lips as he walked out.

'Now back to Gou shopping', Ash noted mentally and walked off. 'Maybe by some ketchup since we're almost out.' Ash noted as he passed a ketchup sample stand. He then came across a stand that sold charms. 'Maybe Gou would appreciate a charm bracelet.' Ash looked at the different colour charms on display. Each was beautiful and unique in its own way.

"Pretty, aren't they?" Speaking of Gou, he appeared out of nowhere and was now beside Ash admiring the charms.

"Go-A-Huh?!" Ash jumped back in sheer shock and guilt at being caught. Before he could apologise, Gou beat him to it - but not in the way he thought.

"Sorry Mister, did I scare you?" Gou bowed with an apologetic look.

Ash paused for a bit, processing what he said. Mister?