a hug for gratitude and a kiss for luck

A HUG GOR GRATITUDE AND A KISS FOR LUCK☆

In which Gou tries to learn how to battle properly.

~☆~

"Pikachu, use thunderbolt!"

"Quick Raboot, dodge!"

A loud boom, followed by a cloud of dust erupted from the spot where the rabbit pokemon once stood. Raboot had successfully dodged the attack and landed soundlessly in front of it's trainer.

"Now, use double kick while Pikachu is still in the air!" The blue eyed boy commanded.

Raboot did as it was told and jumped into the air, aiming its feet at the mouse pokemon and kicking twice sending the Pikachu descending to the ground at full speed. The impact made a huge thud.

"Pikachu!" Ash ran up to his beloved partner. "You okay bud?" He looked at Pikachu with worry.

"Pikachu!" Pikachu cried and stood on its feet.

"Thank goodness." Gou ran up to them with a smile of relief. "Sorry about that."

Ash shook his head, "Don't be. That's how pokemon battles work!" Pikachu climbed onto its trainer's shoulder and nodded.

"Right." Gou responded, still sounding uncertain.

"You and Raboot are better then ever. You two were really in sync with each other during the battle." Ash smiled.

Gou looked to his partner who was in its normal stance of ignoring everything. "You really think so?"

"Oh, I know so!" Ash exclaimed. "You two will definitely win the battle tournament!" He said with a confident grin.

Ash's enthusiasm seemed to be contagious since Gou couldn't help but nod. "You're right! Raboot." He looked back down at his partner.

"Rab.." Raboot opened on eye and looked up at Gou.

"Let's win the battle tournament!" Gou grinned.

"Ra...?" Raboot stared at Gou's face. It radiated confidence and certainty. Raboot narrowed its eyes and nodded determinedly. "Boot!"

"Alright!" Gou laughed happily and pulled Ash into a hug, which caught the boy off guard.

"Whoa, Gou!" Ash burst into laughter when he realized that Gou was hugging him.

"Thank you Ash! Thanks so much for believing in me!"

Ash pat the taller boy's back. "Hey, thank me when you win the tournament."

Gou pulled back but still had a tight grip on Ash's jacket. "Of course! But you better be watching."

"I'll be stuck to my seat like glue." Ash promised whilst trying to free his jacket from Gou's grip.

Gou inched closer in an attempt to intimidate. "You better or else I'll have Raboot double kick your a-"

"Okay, I get it!" Ash laughed, his face was tinted red at the close proximity of their faces. "I won't take my eyes of you. Heck, I'll even follow you everywhere before and after your battles."

Gou seemed satisfied with the answer and loosened his grip on Ash's jacket. "Great! But um...if you don't mind me asking, why aren't you entering?"

"The tournament is for rookies." Ash laughed smugly. "Which makes it perfect for you!" He pointed to Gou.

"OH YEAH, SAY THAT TO MY FACE AGAIN!"

"But it's true!"

"Raboot-"

"AHHH GOU!"

~☆~

Gou had never felt this feeling before. It was fear, excitement and anticipation all mixed in one, eating him up inside. He could barely sit as he waited his turn.

Ash was sitting on the bench and watching his friend pace while petting Pikachu.

"Hey Ash," Gou called, getting his attention. "Do you always feel all bubbly inside before a battle?" Gou began to shake.

It took some time for Ash to register what he meant but then smiled when he realized that Gou nervous. Just as any first time battler would be. This was going to be his first serious battle in a long time.

Ash up the sleeping Pikachu on the bench and stood up. "Well, yeah cause you never know what to expect and that's what makes it exciting."

Gou nodded and looked at the screen just when a Mankey landed a focus punch on the opposing Slowbro.

"I hope my battling will be just as good." Gou mutter.

Ash placed a hand on the latter's shoulder and grinned when Gou faced him. "You'll be great. You trained hard and endlessly for this, it won't be a problem."

"E-Eh, you think so?" Gou asked shakily.

Before Ash could reply the announcer announced the winner and the next two contestants which consisted of Gou and a trainer named Wilbur.

Gou became a nervous wreck, unable to compose himself as the door to his area opened. "Ah, what am I going to do? Can I do this? Am I prepared enough? What if I have a type disadvantage? What if I don't command the right mo-"

Ash grabbed Gou's face in both his hands and turned his head so they were face to face. Gou stopped his breakdown and stared into the warm depths of those chocolate, brown eyes.

And before he knew it, he felt his lips touch another which was none other than Ash Ketchum himself. All the panick and nerves were replaced by shock and relief.

Ash pulled away but still held Gou's face in his hands. "You'll do great. No doubt." Gou looked at him with wide, sparkling eyes. His lips moved upwards and he nodded.

"Right!"

Ash smiled and let his hands fall to his side. "Well, good luck! I'll be watching!" He shouted.

Gou spared him a last glance and nodded before walking into the light and into the hectic arena.

Ash reached a hand to touch his cheek. They were warm.

"Pika pi~"

"Ah! P-Pikachu!"

And nothing could stop Gou from winning that trophy.

~♡~