a parents blessing

☆PARENTS BLESSING☆

In which the two dorks go to get Delia's blessing to date.

~☆~

Gou pressed his lips in a thin line as he and Ash neared the small house that belonged to his boyfriend's mother. As they approached it, his heart began to beat frantically, the only thing he could hear was his heart beat - completely blocking out the questions of concern from the other boy.

"AH!" Gou yelled, practically jumping out of his skin when he felt something touch his shoulder.

"Gou, calm down." Ash grabbed his hand and gave it a squeeze.

Realising it was just Ash, Gou relaxed and exhaled slowly to try calm his nerves.

He had met Delia a lot of times and she was a sweet and understanding woman. So he didn't have anything to worry about. But maybe it was the fact that he was going to ask for her blessing to date her son which was on a whole other level of friendship. This wasn't the same thing as when she asked him to take care of Ash. Now he was not only going to take care of him but love him unconditionally. And he wanted her blessing to be with the boy he loved.

"Gou, why are you so red?"

"H-huh?" Gou's hands immediately rushed to his face and sure enough it was warm. "O-oh."

Ash laughed softly, "Nevermind, we're here."

Gou turned away and came face to face with the front door of the Ketchum residence. "What?! Already!?"

"Yup! Let's go!" Ash chirped and forced open the door with one hand while grabbing Gou's hand with the other.

"Wait! Ash! Whoa-"

"MOM, I'M HOME!" Ash's voice echoed through the house.

"Ash, not so loud!" Delia scolded, walking out of the dining room. She sighed and smiled. "Welcome home, Ash." She looked at Gou who was sweating a river."And welcome back Gou."

"Ahaha, hi Delia." Gou greeted with a shaky voice making Ash chuckle lightly.

"Come, you boys must be tired from the long trip. I made lunch." Delia motioned them to follow and walked off.

Ash turned to Gou who looked to be doing the harlem shake, and nudged him. "Could you be more awkward? What happened to all that confidence when she asked you to take care of me?"

Gou rubbed his arm that was nudged. "That's different Ash. She asked me, your friend, to take care of you. Now, I am asking her if I could take care of you, but as more then just a friend."

"Why can't you just say lover?"

"A-Ash?!"

Ash laughed at the flustered boy. "I'm only teasing! But we'll get there."

"Ash!" Gou exclaimed, flustered.

"Coming mom!" Ash ignored the latter and strolled off to the dining room where his mom was leaving Gou to compose himself.