the man who is into men

THE MAN WHO IS INTO MEN

In which Ash's sexuality becomes the hot topic in the office and Gou hears.

Beware of the 4,700+ wordcount. I really popped off with this one. XD

~☆~

Gou had never cared about how people lived their lives. He was always coped up in his mind in his own world, marching to the beat of his own drum. He never gave a second glance to scandals or office gossip that circulated their building.

But when word around office started to spread that a certain someone was gay, he couldn't help but listen to the whispers of his coworkers.

"Seriously? Ketchum?"

Gou's ears perked at the mention of the familiar name. He kept his eyes on the paper he should be reading but his mind and ears were focused on the conversation beside him.

"Yeah. Hau said he saw him going to a gay bar with another guy."

"But Ketchum is the complete opposite of a gay man."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean... he doesn't look gay."

That got the gears in the eavesdropping man's head turning. He wondered why people had pinned a certain look to people with different sexualities. Indeed Ketchum seemed to look like the least likely to be suspected as gay. He was athletic, dressed sharply and was just laidback - did that mean he couldn't like men? 

"Just because he doesn't look gay doesn't mean he can't like guys. Not everyone flaunts their sexuality with their clothing."

"What about Serena? Didn't he date her last year?"

"Hmm...right... maybe he's bi?"

"Maybe... Or maybe it's just stupid gossip. I heard he yelled at a couple of girls last week during break because they were talking about it."

 "But doesn't that make it more suspicious?"

The door to their office flung open and the head of their department walked in, heading straight towards Gou's table. Gou scrambled through the papers in his hand since he knew that was what their department head was here for.

"Gou, are my papers ready?" The older man asked with a fond smile on his face.

"Just a few more pages and they'll be ready." Gou said with a nervous smile. He was usually diligent with his work and was always done before the head showed up to read through. "My apologies Mr Cerise." Gou gulped and bowed his head when he saw the unfamiliar look of Mr Cerise frowning at him.

"This is unlike you Gou." Mr Cerise said. His head snapped towards the two workers beside him who had been previously conversing before the leader showed up, making them turn their focus back to their laptops. "I hope you two have been productive and not disturbing your coworkers with your nonsense office gossip." He scolded.

The two just lowered their heads in guilt, staring at the documents they had opened on a whim. 

Mr Cerise just sighed and went to his table. "Hand them to me when you're done. After this we have to attend a meeting with the marketing team." Gou nodded and continued with his reading quickly forgetting the conversation that had piqued his interest.

=

The meeting with the marketing team had been postponed two hours later so Gou had to stay with Mr Cerise until six in the evening, when the meeting began. They stayed there for almost three hours so when they headed back to the office, it was completely empty. Gou let out a loud sigh and collapsed in his chair from exhaustion.