22 | surprising visits

-l i l a-

If I could tell you the thrill I felt going to UCLA football game, I'll be here for approximately four minutes and 55 seconds. I love the fact that my boyfriend is playing extremely well today – like every other time – but seeing him play in action is this just another amazing feeling.

Cheering on for him is something you can sign me up for. Every once in a while he'll turn to my spot in the audience and smile, sometimes he removes his helmet and winks, and my heart hasn't stopped dying ever since.

The game is still going on, but with my small knowledge on the sport, I think it's about to end soon. Brynn cheers for her boyfriend beside me and I smile at how the circumstances have changed.

Never, did I think that I would be here at a college football game, cheering for my jock boyfriend as Brynn sits beside me, doing the same for hers. But I laugh and thank god for how it turned out.

"Hey, I'm going to go the stand, want anything?" I ask Brynn, she's been hoarding on the gummy worms since I bought them, so I figure its time to get another one now.

"Gummy worms, please." she smiles, mocking innocence and I glare at her. I squeeze my way out of our row and walk towards the concession stand. It was a bit far from the game, so I try jogging just in case I miss something.

I was actually interested in this, go figures.

"I'll just take two gummy worm thingies." I say to the guy my age whose running the stand, taking cash out of my purse as I turn my head towards the stadium. Lots of cheers were thrown around, informing me I missed something.

Really?!

I quickly give the guy the money and thank him as he passes me the candy, before rushing towards the stadium. All too quickly, I am stopped by a looming presence.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. Who is this man?

Before I can turn to walk away from him, he speaks. "Lila, right?" he asks.

I slowly nod my head. But I can't be scared, that only shows the person you're affected. "Can I help you?" I say, my voice no longer being a shaky whisper.

"Yes, I'm Noah's dad." he says. I stop fiddling with my phone case. Noah's dad?

I grit my teeth, trying to keep in all the profanities I could say to this guy. He's Noah's dad and Noah needs him till he can leave, I have to stay polite. "Hi Mr. Beck, nice to meet you." I say to him.

"Yes, nice to meet you too." he rushes out. "I have matters to discuss with you." he says. I stand there, confused. Matters to discuss with me?

"The game is about to end, we can wait for Noah to finish and we can talk." I say. I didn't want to be in a room with Noah's dad unless Noah was there with me, it doesn't feel right.

"No, this is something only you and I need to talk about." he says. I feel myself getting both suspicious and uncomfortable.

"That's quite alright Mr. Beck." I say, before turning on my heel, walking away.

He quickly steps in front of me, stopping me once again. "I recommend that you have this talk with me, Ms. Davis." he says, I furrow my eyebrows.

This man just went from 20 to 2,000 on the creep scale.

I don't reply.

"Well if you don't," he starts. "It could deeply affect Noah, and I'm sure you wouldn't want anything to happen to him." he says. I freeze up, what is this even about?

"Ready for that talk?" he asks.

"What does this concern." I question.

"Well Noah's future, his life, his trust fund." he says, and I stop any movements that were happening.

His trust fund?

I try taking a deep breath to calm myself, what about his trust fund?

"I'll see you after the game at the cafe closest here," he says, before turning off.

"Oh and Ms. Davis?" he says out loud.

"Its best if Noah need not know of this." I take in a shaky breath.

♕♕♕

oop... suspense I tell ya. lemme know what ya thought of the chapter

Question of the day: weird question, ik, but whats your go to colour on your LEDS