13 | second dates

-l i l a-

"And it was absolutely perfect!" I laugh at what Jackson had to say while explaining to me his best birthday; his 8th birthday party.

"I can imagine." I grin to him.

"You don't believe me? You don't believe me! But it was real, I swear." He promises and I try my hardest not to laugh.

"No, you didn't sit on a giraffe and climb it's neck, I believe you suffer from MUFT. Full form: making up fake things." I laugh and he rolls his eyes.

"Fine! Don't believe me! But it was real!" He goes on convincing me with a hopeful look.

Six nights ago, I met Jackson for the second time. We sat though the whole night, talking and laughing about our childhoods.

Then after spending hours together, before I was about to leave, he asked for my number.

Fast forward two days after that, I got a call from him to go out with him. After studying, I took him up on his offer.

Now, four days after our first date, here we are, at our second. I was a bit busier today with preparation for the infamous mock trial, so I couldn't go on a proper date.

Instead, he took me on a very casual date and it has been extremely fun. He told me no fancy date-worthy clothing. So I wore an oversized sweater and sweatpants.

To my shock, he beats me. He dressed worse. I mean, I thought it was impossible. But he picked me up in a paint stained 'NSYNC' shirt his sister owned, and wore shorts.

I laughed harder at this scrunchie-tied up hair and highlighter coloured nails.

He thought it was a good idea, until he realized painting your nails with yellow highlighter looks like you're a smoker.

We then drove to a Chinese take-out store and took it to go, then ate it in his car as we shook off past memories.

As for Noah, well after the curt call we shared that night, he hasn't talked to me.

And to be honest, I was glad.

I let myself get hurt at his words and it effected me, deeply.

But then, he didn't call me. And I didn't push. It was a fling.

A fling that was now over.

But now I was happy. I was happy with Jackson. He was nice and probably one of the funniest people I have met.

"Well, I guess I have to take you home now?" He sighs, and I laugh, nodding.

"Well that sucks." He sighs.

"But I had an amazing time, even though that outfit should have scarred me." I point to his scrunchie.

He laughs and stops outside my dorm house. As I step out of his car, he curtly stops me before I close his door.

"Wait. I know you're busy, and your crazy mock trial is coming up. But do you think you can spare some time with good ole' me?" He grins softly.

His dimple popped out. How could I say no? Plus I needed to move on from weird feelings about Noah.

"Yes, I would love to." I say. "Great, see you then." After I close the passenger seat door, he drives off.

I walk to the door, happy. This was how a relationship was supposed to be. Easy.

Not having to worry about if he liked me. This was also fun. And that's how it's supposed to be right? Fun.

This was fun.

And if Noah was hell bent on calling me, he would've done it by now. It had been 6 days. But that ship has sailed.

I can safely say, Noah is in the past of my life. A fling that hurt no one.

Well, except me, but that's besides the point.

"Oh my god, you're back!" Brynn shrieks and pulls me inside the door, fast. "You have to tell me everything!" She continues jumping in excitement.

From her bed, Blake laughs at his girlfriend's excitement. "Uh— hello? Instead of laughing, how about you help me?" I ask and he just shakes his head.

"Tell me about him! Is he nice? Is he sweet? Is he hot?" And with that question,  Blake gets up.

"You're fucking kidding me." He groans and Brynn giggles. "Oh don't worry! I love you!" She says, kissing him, and he seems satisfied.

"But seriously is he hot?" She asks again and I nod. "He is hot, also sweet, also very nice and asked me for a third date." I smile.

"Oh my god! Third date!" She starts jumping again.

"Oh come on, it's just a third date, what's so big about it?" Blake asks and Brynn rolls her eyes.

"See, sweetheart, this is the first guy Lila has dated, otherwise it has always been one night stands, so we need to be excited!" She teaches him and he nods, understandably.

"Who is he? Do we know him?" She asks, turning from Blake to me.

"Well you might not, but Blake would. It's a teammate from your football team. Jackson Edwards." I say.

"Jackson? Oh shit that's perfect. A minute there I was scared when you said from my team because they're all dicks, but Jackson's a good guy." He says and Brynn nods, approvingly.

"Good! Perfecto. Now, what will you wear tomorrow?" She pulls me to my closet and I groan.

"Please, tomorrow, let me sleep for now." I say and she sighs, giving in.

"Fine you sleep." She says, and walks back to bed with Blake.

It was a good second date. And I thinking the third on will be good as well.

♕♕♕

How did you guys like the chapter? Let me know by commenting!

Question of the day: what's your best present received? Mine was probably Elena's vervain necklace that my friend bought for my birthday.