07 | more careful

-l i l a-

"And then he got busy with practise. Why are you asking about Blake's teammates?" Brynn groans after answering my question about Noah. My phone vibrates again and I have no doubt it's from the man I'm asking about.

"And why is your phone ringing every other minute!" She adds on. I open my phone quickly and turn all notifications off. I wanted to get away from all of his texts.

I hesitate a bit, playing with my phone in my hands, then finally speak. "Uh.. Brynn, if I ever...do it, with a friend of yours, would you be mad?" I ask, slowly.

She stares at me, blatantly, until a grin tugs at her lips. "Oh my god! Who! Wait...this doesn't make sense. All my guy friends were introduced to me, by you. Other than Blake of course, but that doesn't matter because you don't take interest in Sway boys—" she stops herself from finishing.

"Wait a minute. It's one of Blake's friends, isn't it! That's why you are asking about them!" She says, shrieking.

"No, it's not," I say, gruffly. She rolls her eyes. "To answer your question, I wouldn't be upset. I'd like you to be happy. That's all." She says smiling, and I internally sigh in relief.

At least if she ever finds out, she won't be mad at me. That's good, right?

I open my phone and take a leap of faith which will soon turn into embarrassment if I didn't do this now. I open Noah's number and quickly type in and press send.

Me: okay

I simply say, and within a second I see a reply come in.

Noah: come 2 sway nobody here

It made me laugh a bit that he knew exactly what I meant, but nonetheless, I guess it works.

"Am I going to find out who it is?" Brynn asks and I laugh. "No, but I have to go, bye!" I rush out and head over to Sway.

Ringing the bell, it takes less than a second for the door to be answered. But not by Noah, by Josie instead.

"Lila? Hey!" She says pulling me into her hug and closing the main door behind me. "Brynn's not here, what are you doing here?" She asks and I feel my cheek heat up quick.

What the heck am I supposed to say? Oh nothing much, just here to spend a night—our second night, by the way. With Noah. You know him right? The guy you practically live with?

"She's here for me," I hear a voice cut in— more specifically, Noah.

Oh crap, this isn't right. "What?" Josie questions, softly.

"She is here to drop off my— scrunchie." Noah says and immediately stops talking, realizing that his excuse isn't as amazing as he probably thought it would be.

"That—" Josie says, pointing to the bright floral print scrunchie on my wrist. "Is yours?" She laughs, sadistically.

"Yes, it is. She stole it." He says, and pulls the scrunchie off, placing it on his wrist. Feeling satisfied, he smirks and Josie rolls her eyes before walking away, with a silent laugh.

"Shit, like two minutes ago, Josie and Griff came home." He explains, after Josie leaves the two of us alone.

"Guess I'll be going then." I say, turning around. When his hand circles my wrist with a tight grip, I turn to him. Confusion drawled on my face.

"You can't go," he says and I laugh. "I'm good, we can't hang out anyway with them here," I smirk and he rolls his eyes, groaning loudly.

"I'll fucking make them leave, you stay." He stays affirmative, and I choke out a laugh.

"Some other time then," I end off and take his hand off of mine. "Don't ignore me again." He says and I nod.

I had no plan to.

On my way back to our dorm, as I entered, I faced a suspicious looking Brynn. "You were at Sway." She lets out more like a statement than a question.

The questioning look on my face might've asked for me, when I didn't speak. Because then Brynn answered my question. "Josie told me." She says and I stifle back a laugh before speaking.

"Didn't she tell you? I had to return Noah's scrunchie," I use his stupid excuse, because now we're stuck.

"I know something is up. And you aren't telling me. I'll get to the bottom of this." She ends off before leaving the room to meet Blake because he was free from a study group he had joined.

Earlier this year, Brynn had tutored Blake, by now that she was getting busier with her classes, she convinced him to join a study group.

Even after she left, her words rung in my head, over and over again.

'I'll get to the bottom of this'

I take in a nervous-shaky breath. We had to be more careful.

♕♕♕

How did you guys like the chapter? Let me know by commenting!

Question of the day: favourite actor(s)?