16 | beyond angry

-l i l a-

I felt my phone vibrating in my jacket pocket. I stick my hand in it to pull it out, only to have Noah's name appear on the screen.

No. I'm not getting back into this spiral. The spiral of wondering if he's okay? If he was having a rough time and wanted to talk about it.

If he wanted to continue what we had.

But I'm not doing that. I can't.

Not just because he finally thinks that he can text me and I'll come running back to him. I'm not letting that happen.

I have dealt with manipulation from a man already, a man I was with for 7 years. I'm not going through that again. Not after the toll of Sean and I's relationship had on me.

Plus, I need to forget Noah and focus on the amazing guy I have in front of me; Jackson.

"What happened, is everything alright?" He creases his eyebrows, asking.

I clear my throat. "Oh yeah, everything's alright. Just Brynn." I reply, smiling.

"Does she need you?" He questions.

I shake my head, smiling. "No, she probably wants to tell me how The Notebook ends even though we've seen it together a billion times." I joke about what she actually does and he cracks out a laugh, displaying his dimples.

Got to give it to him, he has nice dimples.

"So tell me about the guy you hate." He grins and I hold back a small frown.

Although I hate admitting it, I remember when Noah would ask about puny pee-pee guy. He would get all defensive about the things I said.

Even though it was in a mocking manner, it was something that made me smile. And I missed it.

Oh gosh, I let myself get so attached to a guy that that everyone knows doesn't do relationships.

"Lila?" Jackson's voice breaks me from my wondering.

"Oh he's still weird. Nothing new there." I smiled and he nodded.

We continued the night, talking like we always did. And after each small interaction, my heart died a little.

Not because Jackson was making my heart beat like crazy. Because Jackson isn't making my heart beat at all.

Noah made my heart beat. Every small touch or talk with him had me a blushing mess.

Jackson was probably a guy I never want to let go of, but not in a romantic manner.

I keep telling myself I need to stop thinking of Noah, but obviously I can't.

A mention of his name has my skin burning up, and I couldn't image how I'd react if he came to me in person.

I'd probably have no self control, probably give in to whatever bullshit he feeds me about why he was such a jerk on call.

Why he yelled at me for no reason.

I groan out loud. This needs to stop! I need to stop thinking about him!

"Is everything okay?" Jackson asks and I let out a small huff.

"Oh nothing. I should probably get home though." I say and he nods.

After driving me back home, I get into the room to see Brynn and Blake snuggling into each other, sleeping.

My best friend had a large smile on her face even in her sleep and so did Blake. My heart fluttered a bit.

They were so happy together. That was what I wanted. To be happy, but with Noah. Clearly couldn't get it, but it was a hope alright.

Blake shifts a little to hug her tighter into his grip.

I proceed to take of my sweater I had on and keep on my T-shirt.

As I grab my computer to watch something for a bit before sleeping, my phone goes off again.

Another call from Noah that I choose to ignore.

And it took a lot of willpower.

It was getting harder and harder to ignore him. At this rate of him calling, I'll probably find myself picking up the next time he calls.

Then a knock on the door takes me out of my in-head debate.

I get off the bed and open it to see a angry looking Noah.

What has him so angry? I should be the one angry at him!

But that anger doesn't help the coat of blush that appeared on my cheeks.

My breath raised only by seeing him even if he was staring at me angrily.

"Noah."

♕♕♕

Hey guys! Sorry for the short chapter but let me know what you think by commenting!

Question of the day: what classes are you guys taking this semester?