Chapter 9

The knock at the door was repetitive and loud. Kol annoyingly got up from the bed, and shuffled out of the bedroom while rubbing her eyes. It had completely flew out of her mind that she was only in her underwear, one of Niall’s sweatshirts and a pair of thick fluffy knee-high socks.

Her hospital trip had been a few weeks ago, and she was back in the UK.

It was one of the few times that she could sleep in, since she didn’t have work for today. This was why she was so irritated by the time she swung open the door.

It took a while to register the face that was on the other side.

Actually, it wasn’t one face. They were faces.

“Put on something to wear, don’t you?” He panicked, taking off his jacket and putting it around her hips.

“What are you guys doing here?” Kol wondered, not even bothering to help. “And stop. The shirt is long enough. It’s not like my bum’s peeking at you, and besides, I’m not showing anything that they haven’t seen before.”

“What did you do to your hair?” Harry asked as he came in with the rest of the people. Niall was still frantically trying to cover her up.

“It’s brown, with a bit of lighter brown,” Josh commented, bringing in a few beers and shandies in.

“Yeah. I kind of went to a salon with a friend and ended up coloring my hair,” Kol said, shrugging. She was still surprised at all these people at her doorstep, when they were supposed to still be on tour.

She turned around and put her arms on Niall’s shoulders. “What are you doing here, babe?”

“They gave us a week off, so we went here to chill a bit,” Niall said, wrapping his arms around her waist and kissing her. “The lads insisted on coming over for a bit, and I felt like it would be a good time since you might have been lonely here all alone.”

“Get a room. It’s right over there,” Louis said, pointing to the door that was still ajar.

Liam peered inside and said, “I can’t believe you’re even messier than Niall is. You’re supposed to be the girl.”

“With the exception of Josh, Dan, Sandy and Jon, you five saw my flat before. It wasn’t exactly ideal girl quarters, remember?”

“Oh yeah,” Zayn said, sitting on the couch and putting his feet up. “That was even worse than this.”

“I’m surprised Niall hasn’t had a go at you yet,” Josh said, sitting next to Zayn. “There’s a certain amount of mess before he goes wild.”

“That’s because I haven’t properly lived with him yet,” Kol said, “and I was supposed to clean up once I knew you lot were getting back. I didn’t even have a bit of a head start.”

“I see you’ve taken to a few pints by yourself,” Niall observed, seeing an array of almost-empty glasses by the sink and some on the coffee table. “What happened to no drinking and smoking?”

“You hypocrite, Niall. You drink all the time,” Liam said.

“Yes, but she only does that when she’s depressed or stressed.”

“No, Nialler, I do that because you’re a bad influence. I never used to drink.”

The boys snickered.

“Why is it such a mess around here?” Dan asked, walking around the piles of food products and other stuff that was littered on the floor.

“I’m packing up some stuff to donate for those people that were flooded. I think I went on overload yesterday, since I ended up with three shopping carts and making two trips to the grocer because everything wouldn’t fit in the car.”

“What an angel your girl is, Nialler,” Josh said, picking up some canned tuna and studied it. “Why aren’t you as thoughtful as her, may I just ask?”

“Really, you only noticed that now?” Niall replied. “I think you seem to have forgotten how generous she always is with your gifts. I always have to hold her back from spending too much.”

“Anyway, since you lot are here, you can help me out with the packing,” she said, sitting down on the floor and putting aside the pack that she had finished. All of them stared at her and she looked up. “What? If you want we can even make it some publicity thing to get you guys in a good light, but that would be a little selfish, wouldn’t it?”

“Oh come on. It wouldn’t kill you to do something nice.” Liam was the first to sit down and stack the canned goods by category and brand.

“Right. If you plan to help out, there will be ten of each in one box, and then two blankets and a box of those vitamins on the side.” She pointed to the different items that she was talking about and proceeded. “Put all of them in that little box and then just stack them over at the side so I can send them when the compiling is done.”

They all looked at each other and shrugged, getting to work and choosing a corner to do their work.

After about an hour, Kol went into the room to change into shorts and prepare some sandwiches for everyone. She took their special requests and started getting to work, and soon enough, Harry and Niall started helping her in the kitchen.

“This is actually pretty fun,” Harry said, flipping over the pieces of ham. “It wasn’t what I was expecting to do today, but okay.”

“I love you,” Niall said proudly, putting his arm around her neck and kissing her on the tip of her nose.

“Eww you’re all sweaty,” she said playfully, pushing him away as she put the lettuce on top of the bread pieces. “Are you done slicing up the potatoes? I want to use the oil that Harry left out to fry the slices.”

“Are these enough?” Niall asked, presenting her with the sliced potatoes.

“They’re not thin enough, but they’ll have to do,” she said, gathering up the raw potatoes and frying them on the pan that Harry had just emptied of the ham. “Haz, could you just put those ham pieces on those four over there? Thank you.”

They were pretty efficient, and in no time, wound up with a little feast of stuff. They also took out some chips from the pantry, and Kol opened up a few beers and poured them into pint glasses.

“You’re becoming quite of an expert there, bartender,” Jon said, as he happily took one from the bar.

“I was actually convincing Nialler to just buy one of those spray things like the ones at clubs or bars? He said that I was capable of opening bottles anyway, and it wasn’t as if we’d be using it all the time.”

“Practical for once?” Louis said. “I would have thought you would be the one to suggest it, not reject it.”

Niall made a face and said, “Seems a bit useless. She actually called someone to install it as a surprise already, and as cool as it sounded, it just seems like something for a party, not a home.”

“So sentimental there,” Josh said, ruffling his hair and laughing. “Still, the place is looking very nice.”

“I have to agree, although it does look like a tornado hit it,” said Zayn, looking around.

~

Christmas is so close! I'm excited for it! Hope I can post the next chapter as a gift by then. Thank you so much for the readers that are on here so far. I've had better hopes for this one, since I like the chill plot of this, but I get what I get and I'm thankful for everyone :) 

Don't forget to vote and comment! Fan for updates! Thanks and love you guys! Hope everyone will have a really good holiday! xx