Chapter 4

I'm prioritizing finishing this before Incognito, because it's easier to write for this :) Not much of a following on this one, but it's been so easy to write for this because I like the characters here so much. There's so many dialogue and situational possibilities! 

Well enough of my rambling. Vote and comment!! Enjoy!

~

‘An Interview with Kol Vicencio

I’ve been waiting for just ten minutes at the restaurant, smoking my second cigarette stick for the day when Kol is ushered onto the outdoor balcony. I hadn’t expected her to be on time, quite frankly, especially since it was ten in the morning, and most models with her stature could afford being waited on without being complained about. When I voiced this thought, she laughed and responded with, “Being on time is a habit for me. My dad taught me to be on the dot with everything. It’s rude to keep people waiting.”

She’s dressed for the changing weather as the summer draws near. She’s well dressed in a straight-neck white sundress that had a complicated cross pattern at the back. Her designer bag was the same shade, while her wedge pumps were gray. She looked very groomed and fresh. Kol had a gray cardigan at hand in case it got chilly, and commented that it was her boyfriends’, who had insisted on her taking it for fear that she wouldn’t be able to handle the cold. This quickly brought on the topic about her not-so-secret relationship with One Direction’s Niall Horan, although she doesn’t mention his name.

“I’ve been here for four years now. I think I got used to this weather by now,” Kol said, shaking her head and looking at the menu to order. She ordered quite a hefty meal for brunch, and when she saw that I was looking at her impressively, she shrugged and said, “What? I eat what I want.”

I proceed to ask her if it’s not difficult to maintain her body, especially since she has a boyfriend who is fondly known by fans to have quite a big appetite. “It doesn’t really matter who I’m with. Everything depends on when I’m hungry or not,” she said, reaching out for a piece of bread and spreading a generous amount of butter on it. She doesn’t seem too bothered with gaining calories.

“The best way to lose weight is really just exercise,” she added. “As much as eating is natural to me, working out is a routine that I stick by. I give myself at least half an hour an the treadmill everyday, if I’m too busy for any of my other work out routines.”

I comment on how beautifully and simply she always seems to dress, but she argues that it isn’t always the case. “I really couldn’t care less before. I dressed in jeans that were low, just like boys do. I liked loose clothing and long sleeves. But then, my name started be a little more known with each photo shoot added to my roster, and then I was photographed more and more everyday, so I had to do better. I think that’s the biggest change in me. I started to care a lot more about how I looked in public, so my style kind of changed and is now always bordering between that laid-back boyish look and fashion model.”

This girl has certainly gone a long way since her first freelance shots when she started her career. Now, she is the new face of designer Clive Antonio, and she is regularly summoned for fashion magazines such as Vogue, Teen Vogue, Elle, Harper’s Bazaar, W, and Glamour. She does admit that it hadn’t been an easy climb to where she stands today. “I’m a really short model. I was 5’6 when I was signed, and all the other girls around me were at least 5’9. I somehow grew an inch taller since starting, but that still doesn’t give me an edge. Other than that, I’m not very skinny. I’m curvier, but still a little bit lean because of all my workouts. I only properly got into high fashion when my name was out there.”

She also credits her biggest turnaround career move to be when she starred in One Direction’s  ‘I Want’ music video. “That was what really started my portfolio, I think. Since it was a music video, it was repeated a lot, and plenty of people got to see my face. Now, it’s important as a model to have your name and face out there.”