Chapter 5

“Just a little cookie dough, babe.” Niall held out his finger for her, which had a tiny slab of cookie dough on it. She reached over and licked it off. “Can we just eat it without having to bake the stuff? It’s pretty good all on it’s own.”

“Just keep mixing, Niall,” she said, shaking her head as she started on another batch. Niall, ever the thoughtful one, wanted to bake cookies for the lads, since he was too selfish to give some of his share of cookies. Niall was the worst person to ask to share food with. He failed to remember that she was the one who had to keep track of everything and he merely had to follow directions.

By the end of that, they managed to make four-dozen cookies, whilst Niall kept sneaking portions of cookie dough into his mouth.

“You have to stop fattening me up, Nialler,” she said as she munched on her fifth cookie. “I know your plan. I know what it is.”

“What?” Niall grinned, as he leant his elbow on the counter and bit into the cookie that was in her hands.

“You’re trying to fatten me up enough to the point where working out won’t be fun for me anymore, and I won’t have the same body for modeling. You want me to quit. I know it.”

“If we fail, you still have your college degree,” Niall joked. “Don’t forget. They’re in Journalism and Business. I trust you’re smart enough to use your contacts to your advantage and connect them with your education? Isn’t that what college was for?”

“Scared I’m going to run off with someone else?” she teased, lifting herself onto the counter and sliding her legs around. “Want me to rely on you fully, don’t you?”

She put her hand on the back of his neck and kissed him. She was sitting right in front of him now, and he stood right in between her legs. He breathed into her neck and placed his hands on her hips.

“Kind of hard to argue when you’re distracting me like this, isn’t it?” Niall murmured under her lips. His hands moved under the dress that he had complained about earlier and tugged at the hem.

“Not so mad about my lack of trousers now, are we?” Kol kidded, putting her arms above her head so that he could remove the dress totally above her head. She wrapped her legs around his waist and effortlessly, he grabbed her thighs and carried her into the bedroom.

This was the difficult part for Kol. Not only did she have to control Niall and his needs, but she had to control hers as well. She really wanted to give in plenty of times, she really did, but when she sensed that they were going too far, she had to resign herself to stopping him and helping him get rid of the desire.

The whole marriage thing was starting to get attractive now.

The first few months for Niall had been difficult. He had more time to practice though, and by now, he learned not to get too excited if they got hot and heavy at some random time.

That was a feat for him, considering he had a woman who was pronounced by the media as one of the hottest women on the planet. Sometimes, he just had to stop and collect himself in the middle of heatedly locking lips. He felt like he was going to explode. Kol had ceased trying to comfort him, since he was only agitated that he lacked self-control. Other than that, he didn’t want her to feel to pressured by seeing how much he wanted her.

She had to pull away to think properly.

“Nialler, I have a salon appointment.”

“Please,” he said against her neck as he bit her shoulder. “You know they’re going to wait for you.”

“I need to go.”

“Why?” he said, trailing his kisses down slowly.

Her chest heaved up as she felt his lips there. “Because you smell and look very delicious right now.”