Chapter 57

“You didn’t think you’d escape getting a dance out of us, did you?” Louis said, twirling her as he finally got a hold of her. There had been so many people that she had caught up with at this point. Kol had been dancing with Chris, her bodyguard when she was with the One Direction team, before Louis decided to snatch her away and hoard her for a few minutes.

“I tried with great difficulty,” Kol said, sighing deeply as she twirled along with Louis. “I was trying to blend in the background so well too.”

“There’s not much blending in to do with you being the only one in white in this room, Cub,” Louis said pleasantly.

“You boys keep doing sneaky things behind my back,” she said, referring to the Kol rendition of Little Things.

“Get used to it, honey, because you’re stuck with us now,” he replied, looking very satisfied with himself. “Mind you, we only had yesterday to get that sorted, so it was pretty great that none of us forgot the new lines to that.”

“I have to admit, it was quite sentimental.”

“Of course it was sentimental, you clueless little girl,” Louis said, pretending to roll his eyes as he knocked on her temple a few times. “He changed it and noticed your own little things. That was specific for you this time, and I learned so much from the song, to be quite frank.”

“What about it?”

“What are these secret moles you have?” Louis said mischievously.

“They wouldn’t be secrets if I told you,” Kol said.

“Oh ha-ha, very clever, Cub,” he responded, his eyes rolling for real this time.

“You know this! This is the mole at the center of the nape of my neck!”

“Oh that large little lad?” Louis poked the mole just for effect. “We named him little Mickey, didn’t you know?”

Kol’s hair had been fixed and undone by now, so it was flowing in waves until her waist, with only a small glittering blue jewel as a clip on her hair. She slapped his hand away from her mole. “Don’t make fun of little Mickey. He’s sensitive.”

“Mind if I cut in now, Lou?” Paul said, coming out of nowhere.

“Thank you!” Kol said, already going over to Paul.

“Just because you’re big and buff doesn’t mean you can push people around Paul,” Louis said good-naturedly as he patted Paul on the arm a few times. “We’ll have a round of drinks together later, all right Cub?”

“Wouldn’t miss it!” Kol said.

“Who would’ve thought eh Kol?” Paul said, just swaying on his feet a little. “And it seems like only yesterday when you had snuck into the bus where I was at because you didn’t want any of them for you, and now, you’re married to one of them.”