Chapter 46

One Year Later

"I can't believe Mason is going into preschool already!" I said, getting Cassidee's lunch ready.

''I know! It feels like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital.''

''They're growing up on us too fast. Cassidee? Come downstairs and bring your little brother with you.'' I called towards the stairs.

A few minutes later Cassidee came walking down hand in hand with Mason. She was now going into the fourth grade and he was starting preschool, it's funny how fast they grew up.

''Is my big boy all ready for school?" Sabrina smiled, kneeling in front of Mason.

''Yes!" He smiled, throwing his arms up in the air. "Cass, you ready to start fourth grade?"

''Eh.''

''You'll like it.'' I smiled, handing her over her lunch bag.

''Come on, let's get you two off to school.'' Sabrina smiled, taking Mason's hand.

We pulled up to Mason's preschool first and I turned around to see him staring out the window. He looked at me, then back out the window and then to me again, shaking his head.

''What's the matter?" I asked.

''Not going.''

''Come on Mommy and Daddy will walk you in,'' Sabrina said, getting out of the car.

We all got out of the car and Sabrina and I each took one of Mason's hands. I held his left while Sabrina held his right.

''Cassieeeee!" He cried, turning around to look at her.

''Want Cassidee to walk with you?" I asked, kneeling in front of him.

He shook his head, yes and I smiled, wiping the tears from his cheeks. Sabrina and Cassidee each took one of Mason's hands and walked him up to the front doors.

I saw them greet his teacher and I stood there, arms folded, watching on with a smile on my face. Three seconds later Cassidee and Sabrina came back out, walking towards me.

''How was he?'' I asked, getting back in the car.

''He was a little timid, but Cassidee sat down with him at one of the tables and made him feel a little more at ease.'' Sabrina smiled.

''That was sweet of you Cassidee, you're an amazing big sister.'' I smiled, looking at her in the rearview mirror.

She just smiled and rolled her eyes, waving me on. ''Dad, stop.'' She laughed.

We pulled up to Cassidee's school and we got out, walking with her up to the school's steps. We stopped and stood there, watching Cassidee as she walked up the steps to the doors. Before she went in, Cassidee turned around and ran back to us, hugging me and Sabrina.

''Have a good day, okay?'' Sabrina smiled, pushing some hair out of Cassidee's face.

''I will.''

''Be good, don't give the new teacher hell.'' I laughed.

''Dad!"

''Okay, okay, I've said enough.''

Cassidee smiled at me and wrapped her arms around me. ''I love you, Dad.''

''I love you too.''

''Promise?'' She smiled, holding up her baby finger.

I smiled, hooking our fingers together. ''Promise.''

******************************************************

That's it, people! That's the end!!

THERE WILL BE A SEQUEL!!! IT WILL BE RELEASED IN A FEW DAYS!!!