Chapter 15

3 Weeks Later

Today I was driving back to Wernersville to talk to Samantha. I looked down at the passenger's seat and gave a small smile. What I was looking at were the papers she needed to sign for my parental rights to Cassidee. I pulled into the hospital's parking lot, shutting off the car, and grabbed the papers, walking through the doors. I went through the security checks and made my way up to the front desk.

''Can I help you?" The receptionist asked.

''I'm here to see Samantha Esperzino.'' I said. She opened up her blue binder and ran her finger down the page, picking up the phone on her desk.

''I have a visitor for Samantha. Okay, I'll tell him, thank you.'' She put down the phone and smiled at me. ''Someone will be out shortly.''

''Thank you.'' I walked over to the lobby and took a seat on one of the chairs. I played with the edges of the papers and started to second guess myself. This can either go very well or very bad.

''Visitor for Samantha Esperzino?" I got up from the chair and saw the same guy from before. We went through the same door and hallway as last time and into the visitation room. "She'll be out soon, just take a seat.''

''Thanks.'' I walked over to a table in the back and looked around the room. There were more visitors in here today than there was the last time I was here. A few seconds later, the door opened up and Samantha came walking out in the same grey hospital attire. The staff sat her across from me and walked away, leaving us alone.

''You came back.'' She said, looking at me. I didn't say a word to her. I just slid the papers across the table, laying them in front of her. "What's this?"

''Just read it.'' She picked them up and I watched as her eyes scanned the writing. Her eyes nearly fell out of their sockets as her jaw dropped open.

''You want sole custody of Cassidee?! No! No! She does not belong with you!" Samantha glared, pointing her finger in my face.

''She doesn't belong with you either! You're a drug addict and you let that..that son of a bitch William put his hands on her! Cassidee deserves to be in a safe environment where she's loved, has food to eat, and clothes on her back! Cassidee is my daughter and I want her with me.''

''Well, I'm not signing your fucking papers! Shove em' up your ass!"

''Fine and then I'll call the lawyer who's helping me with this and I'll gladly take your ass to court.'' I smiled.

''You're not taking my daughter away from me!" Samantha pushed the papers towards me and folded her arms over her chest.

''Now all of a sudden you care! Well, let me remind you of something, Samantha! Who was there for her when her mother abandoned her on my doorstep?! I was!'' I picked up the papers, reorganizing them, and stood up. ''I'll see you in court.''

I walked out the door, going down the hallway, and walked outside to the car. I got in the car, slamming my door, and sat there for about a minute. I started the car and pulled out of the parking lot, driving back home. An hour later, I got back home and walked through the front door.

''Daddy!" Cassidee yelled, hugging my legs.

''Hey, you!" I smiled, picking her up. "Were you good for Ricky?" Cassidee smiled and nodded her head.

''She was no problem.'' Ricky smiled, walking in. ''How did the visit go today?"

''She refused to sign the papers, so my only option is court and let the judge decide.''

Ooh! What do you think is going to happen?