Chapter 43

Four Months Later

"Chris! We're going to be late!" Sabrina called up the steps.

''I'm coming, hold on!" I said, walking down the steps. ''I just want to make sure I have everything before we leave.''

''We have everything, now we need to go,'' Sabrina said, pulling me towards the door.

''Are the presents in the trunk?" I asked, walking outside and getting in the car.

''Yeah and the rest that I couldn't put in are in the back, far away from any peepers.'' Sabrina smiled at Cassidee, strapping her in her car seat.

Cassidee rolled her eyes, giggling, and watched as I strapped Mason into his car seat. Sabrina got in the passenger seat and I got in my side, starting the car, and headed off to my parents for Christmas. Both our families were there, so there wouldn't be any running between houses.

We pulled into the driveway and I turned off the car, getting out to unstrap the kids. Sabrina got out and opened the trunk, while I let Cassidee out first.

''You and Cassidee go in and I'll be in shortly with Mason,'' Sabrina said, handing me a gift bag full of presents.

We walked up to the door and knocked, waiting for it to open. My mom opened the door and smiled at me, hugging both Cassidee and me.

''Chris!" My mom exclaimed, taking the bag from me. ''There's my wonderful little granddaughter.'' She smiled, kissing Cassidee's cheeks.

Sabrina came in shortly after with Mason while we were putting some gifts under the tree. ''And here's my handsome grandson.'' She smiled, taking Mason from his carrier.

''Chris!" Both mine and Sabrina's families said.

''Hello,'' I said, hugging everyone. Everyone begged to see and hold Mason so that took about ten minutes.

''Can we open presents now?" Cassidee begged, pulling on my arm.

''Yes, okay.''

Sabrina and I mostly got gift cards and a few articles of clothing. Cassidee and Mason both got toys and clothes, but Mason was more interested in the wrapping paper instead. While he shredded up wrapping paper everyone else opened up their gifts.

''Everything is opened,'' Sabrina said, looking around.

''Not quite,'' I said.

''What else did we miss?''

I got down on one knee and pulled out a black velvet box, opening it. Sabrina gasped and covered her mouth, tears starting to build up in her eyes. I reached out and grabbed her left hand, smiling at her.

''I've liked you since I first met you. Quickly, that like turned into love and I knew you were the one for me. Will you make our family complete and agree to be my wife?"

She looked up at our families, smiling and then back to me, nodding her head. Tears were now pouring out of her eyes. I smiled and slipped the ring on her finger and stood up. She hugged me tightly and then kissed my lips.

''I love you.''

''I love you too.'' I smiled, kissing her again.

****************************************

We ate dinner and spent the rest of the evening together before heading back home. I got Cassidee and Mason strapped into the car, while Sabrina put our gifts in the trunk. We said goodbye to our families before getting in the car and going home.

We drove back home to our house and Sabrina got the kids out while I carried in all the gifts this time. Sabrina got Cassidee and Mason ready for bed and put them to sleep, walking into the living room.

''They are worn out.'' She said, sitting down on the couch. ''All the gifts in now?"

''Yep.'' I sat down beside her and she cuddled into my side.

''I love you so much.'' She said, looking at her ring and then up to me. ''I can't wait to be married.''

''Me too.'' I smiled, kissing her.