(17) The Beach, With Midoriya - 2

"Hey! Todoroki is drowning!" Midoriya alerts the rest of the group.

'And I really went ahead and thought this guy might not be so bad, but he's causing a commotion.'

"...Nendou! You're all we have left to rely on!" Kaidou says while releasing an embarrassing battle cry. "I'll save you!" Nendou says very loudly. 'Don't go ahead and jump to conclusions,' Saiki says to himself. 'He's not completely helpless.'

Nendou sets off, trying to save Todoroki. It was a very hot and intense day, and here Todoroki is drowning, making the day much harder for Saiki because he didn't anticipate this from Todoroki.

'And this,' Midoriya thinks. 'Is why you should have participated in our swimming class, the right way. Discluding Bakugou.' Obviously, nobody could hear Midoriya say that. Even Saiki couldn't because he had his ring on, because the beach is an especially noisy place for a psychic to be in. Midoriya has a stance when he thinks, almost like a fazed look.

Saiki thought is was especially dumb for them to think about the things they do at their homeland. If they knew there was a psychic, why would they freely think? It was strange.

Saiki took off his ring, and heard what Midoriya was saying to himself. He sighed, and thought about it for a bit. He wondered what he meant by normally participating. Saiki's already figured them out, anyway but he wants to keep Satou. He doesn't think he will let him go easily, though. They seemed like the type of troupe from a shounen manga "Friendship will overcome you" storyline. Saiki knew he wasn't very far off.

'Anyways.. Hairo's cheeks are here to save the day..' Saiki narrates.

But, what's this? Hairo simply glided on the water. He couldn't get under the surface! Everybody was stuck, and Todoroki had the same psychopathic look on his face from another time.

Just kidding!

"The water is quite cold today.." Hairo thinks out loud. 'Another Kirishima? Wait this guy is from our class, nevermind.' Todoroki wonders. 'Two Kirishimas. What the heck.'

Saiki just looks at Todoroki with a face. Not a friendly one. Todoroki stares back. Teruhashi turns to the two boys, one making a sand castle with a certain fluffy haired boy and the other reading under the shade provided by an umbrella. 'They must be battling their dominance over me! How manly!' Teruhashi fangirls, to herself, which was quite unusual. '..We're not..' Saiki nearly slips to the entire beach. 'It is very noisy, but for some reason I can hear Teruhashi very clearly..' Saiki thinks. 'I wish I couldn't.'

Todoroki notices Teruhashi staring at him and Saiki, so he responds to her by giving her the same bored stare Saiki is giving her. Her eyes widen. 'Are they... Insulting me in seven different languages?'

'Precisely.' Saiki literally answers her. Eyes widen. Teruhashi looks at him with a surprised face with a plastered smile on it. He gives her the famed confused face..

'Nevermind.' Teruhashi panics. 'That's what I thought. Know your place, monkey.' Saiki thought to himself. 'Wow.. I am starting to sound like my brother.'

Todoroki isn't drowning anymore. Just a tip if you're drowning, dear readers: If you're drowning, just don't. Just say no. The water has no right to swallow you. Only you get to swallow the water. Remember that in a dire situation.

(I AM JUST KIDDING)

Toritsuka was out in the wild like a baboon trying to hit on some girls. "Hey, let's pretend we don't know him.." Midoriya suggests. "Weren't you the one who invited him in the first place?" Todoroki asks. "Yes.. But let's also pretend I didn't do that." He says quietly, just in case Toritsuka hears anything.

'Yeah, let's ditch him.' Saiki adds. "Good idea," Todoroki replies. "WAIT! Don't leave me Saiki!" Toritsuka screeches. 'You don't need to worry about him hearing.. He is used to this sort of thing.' Saiki says to you, the audience.

'If you come along, I will feed you to our classroom dog.' Saiki tells him. "Wait, you guys have a classroom dog?" Both Toritsuka and Midoriya ask.

'Yes, his name is Bakugou.' Saiki answers.

"He is my best friend. He is not very friendly, though and can bite." Todoroki adds.

Saiki gives him the same thumb-up he gave Kaidou last year at the beach. 'Come along, Toritsuka. I'd guess he's quite hungry at the moment.' Which was true.. And Toritsuka knew it.

He gets dragged along.

Everybody was still at the beach, but they were under the shade. They were having a break.

"I feel like we're missing somebody.." Nendou says. "I agree." Midoriya adds. "We're missing two people, Nendou." Kuboyasu answers.

"Teruhashi!"

"That's right.. She probably got held back by some guys.. Who else, though?" Midoriya says, while Kaidou has his nose stuck in Midoriya's notebooks.

"MY PAL!" Nendou exclaims very loudly. "Saiki.. He is very forgettable. We barely notice him at school." Todoroki says calmly, in contrast to Nendou's outburst.

'Toritsuka.. If you can stop them from coming for me, I'll owe you something.'

'..Very well, Saiki.. I want that favour from you. Where are you hiding anyways?' Toritsuka asks, curious. 'I am about 50 meters below sea level. I did not go deep enough, because I can still hear you guys. Can't catch a break in Detroit.' Saiki answers.

'You're..' He pauses. "YOU'RE WHAT!!?!?!??!" Toritsuka screams, very loudly for everybody to hear. 'Can't hear you.. Toritsuka.' Saiki says, with mockery in his fading voice.

'He'll be fineeee.' Toritsuka thought to himself. 'He could probably destroy the earth at any moment!'

Saiki's mind was empty. It was all coffee jello. He could not hear any human thoughts. He may have just worn the ring, but he feels uneasy with it on.

Reality hits Kusuo Saiki, the all great psychic we all love. This week would be the most disastrous week of his life, and that was for sure.

I understand that our beloved characters were not in character very much. Forgive me.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!

1003 words