(12) The Staring Contest

3RD POV

Ah yes. The staring contest. The type of contest Todoroki would probably excel at. The type of contest Aizawa would lose. It was about to begin.

The most intense staring contest.

Let's see this from our champion, Todorouki Shouto!

TODOROKI POV

I can see Kuboyasu and Bakugou forming a nice friendship. It seems that they are getting along well.

*insert Aren's threatening face and Bakugou's usual face*

I can feel their bond running through their veins. No.. I don't know what it's supposed to feel like, anyway. I'm feeling their wrath, right? No, no. I'm wrong once again.

They've..

Eaten too much hot soba.

That's the case. When this staring contest is over, I think serving them cold soba will definitely strengthen their friendship. I'm glad to be able to help them.

And if you're wondering, yes I am still in.

Kaidou is out. The first one out. He was bleeding his eyes out. That's fine.. I wonder how Sir. Aizawa would fare in a contest like this. I doubt he would do any better than Kaidou. I think he would be the first to blink, due to his case of dry eye.

The most intimidating.. Well, there's somebody else more intimidating, but he will be mentioned later.. Nendou. He's doing an excellent job, but he's really scaring me. I widen my eyes a bit, and realize I should calm down. Something so trivial shouldn't scare me. He's uglier than Bakugou, that's what.

Anyway.. I'm surprised Kaminari isn't out yet.. Nevermind, he's out. He goes to find the bathroom but instead he bumps into the wall, like a AI video game character.

Iida; I know he's about to blink. He's panicking.. His eyes weren't at the perfect angle. Nor was his stance. It was probably too deep for me to understand.

Aoyama was doing a good job.. Too MUCH of a good job. He was scaring me. He was staring into the distance, as if there was something there. I'm sure he will be painted. He really has a dazzling pose, and he's perfectly still. How elegant.

"Who invited Takahashi?" Somebody broke the silence. Silence filled the room, again. I'm not going to lie, he looks more like a broccoli than Midoriya does. Amaimon, also looks like a broccoli head, but whatever. I should totally finish Blue Exorcist.

Kirishima, yes ladies the moment you've waited for.. was having a staring contest with Hairo. You really thought he was like Aoyama, staring at you? Now, now. Calm down, Jamal. Don't pull out the nine.

They were doing excellently. To be honest, we didn't even notice Mineta slip away. We were so focused and he was so short he managed to get away. He probably went to the girls' room.

The only one who really noticed was a guy called Toritsuka. He looked towards Saiki, and Saiki gave him a menacing stare. I think he wanted to join Mineta.

And suddenly, out of nowhere, some guy with a weird thing on his head and a weird-ish coat appears. He joins us in our staring contest. And starting now, a very intense staring contest between him and Saiki breaks.

Then, somehow, ANOTHER guy breaks in. Where is the security? We're doomed, for sure. He looks really mad.

"My 'Somebody is mistreating Teruhashi' radar is going off really loudly! WHO DID IT!? SQUARE UP." He threatens.

Bakugou is about to get up and fight him, but in order to avoid trouble, I point at Mineta and he runs off into the distance, towards Mineta. "THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN HAVE TERUHASHI IS ME!" He shrieks. I can hear him from over here.

Hairo is sweating WAY too much. Something's wrong here.. How are these people still in? I already had a feeling that weird guy who randomly walked in and sat down, just to compete with Saiki, is transcendant. (beyond or above the range of normal or merely physical human experience / surpassing the ordinary; exceptional.) I think that is the best word to describe him with.. Nendou is scaring me as usual, and of course, Kuboyasu and Bakugou are having a good time. Toritsuka went and joined Mineta.

Somehow, these mere human beings are doing an excellent job, I'm surprised they lasted to this extent. I notice Saiki mentally rolls his eyes. Strange, what is he thinking about?

(He is thinking what you are thinking, Todoroki)

I see. I notice Bakugou shifting his attention to Hairo. He notices his unnatural sweating.. He's probably jealous.. And might ask him which conditioner he uses.. Maybe not. He will probably ask for how he does it. I'm sure he'll get along with him.

..I just realized.. Hairo really resembles Kirishima in many ways. That's another reason to add for why he will likely get along. Somehow, Bakugou is making friends.

Bakugou notices me staring at him. Looks like his eyes had teamed up with Kuboyasu's, and gave me a friendly stare. I stare back.

Midoriya is in his intense muttering state. I believe he's absorbing information efficiently. Not to worry about. I also give him a friendly stare. Bakugou joins me.

Later, after having pleasant eye contact with some people.. I look around the room.

I realize that as soon as I shift my focus elsewhere, and face Saiki, he gives me the BIGGEST blink I've ever seen. Yes.

I don't think he wanted to participate.