epilogue

"Okay, let's get back inside, you'll catch a cold." I felt an arm swoop me off the ground, as he continue to carry me in a bridal style. I felt my face heat up at how he easily carried me.

"Aren't you cold?" I wrapped my hands around his neck, scared that he'd accidentally drop me. I stared at his face, admiring how his hair complemented him nicely despite it being wet.

"I am." I didn't notice it earlier, but now I did. He was slightly shaking, probably from the low temperature.  "Why'd you do it, then?" I frowned, slightly worried. "I just wanted you throw you in." Minghao laughs, as I shake my head, huffing.

The sight of the car came into my view, my eyes widening in delight. The thought of being warm was the only thing left in my mind.

Minghao opened the car, sitting me down on the passenger seat. He opens the driver seat, reaching to the back seats to get something. I peek in curiosity, to see him hand me a towel and a hoodie.

"Thought I'd come unprepared, huh?"

I scoffed, thanking him as I pat the towel on my hair. That's when I realized, we left my shoes.

"My shoes..." I croaked out as he looks at me, worry in his eyes.

"I'll get it."

Minghao shuts the door, my eyes following his figure as he broke out into a sprint. I felt my heart swell at his actions. He could be a jerk sometimes but small things like these always somehow make me fall for him more.

Grabbing the hoodie he gave me, I quickly changed into it. I hugged myself, loving how the hoodie had his scent and how it gave me so much warmth. I suddenly felt worried, remembering how it was freezing outside.

I looked out the window, a small smile appearing on my face as I watch his figure appear in my sight. He waved my pair of shoes that he held with one hand in the air as he jogged back to the car.

I watch as he opens the door to the driver seat, shivering as I felt a cold gust of wind. Minghao immediately closes the door, dropping my shoes on the floor.

"So cold." Minghao buzzed, shivering from the cold temperature. I wrap the towel around him, as I fixed the heater, doing my best to make him as comfortable as possible. Using the towel that I wrapped around him, I dried his hair.

"You're really cute." He teased, as I froze, a dust of pink covering my cheeks. I scoffed, hitting him with the towel before shoving it to his hands.

"Dry yourself–" I let out a small squeak as I watch him unbutton his shirt. "No heads up?!" I covered my eyes, feeling all the blood rush up to my face.

"I thought you'd want to see." Minghao teased again as I blushed more, as I buried my face into the hoodie, to flustered to look up. "You j- jerk."

"It's okay, you can look."

"Stop it!"

N

ow fully clothed and comfortable, we lay on the roof of his car. With a blanket under our backs, we were close to each other as we admire the starry sky.

"Doesn't this remind you of that night?" Minghao smiles, as memories flash through my mind.

"Yeah, the only night in my life that made me feel real."

My words made him look at me, as I met his eyes. As cheesy as it sounds, I found it amazing how his eyes resembled the stars.

"Does that mean I'm special to you?" His eyes glistened, making me laugh. He looked like a toddler asking for candy and it was something I found adorable. "Why are you laughing?" Minghao pouts.

"Maybe." I answered the first question, still laughing. Minghao's pout deepens, making my heart swell. "Stop it with the cute act." I manage to blurt out in the middle of my laughter.

"Y/N."

Minghao sits up, his hair all over the place. His pout fades to a grin, a grin that's so contagious that it made me smile as well. I didn't know why, but him doing the simplest things would still somehow make me go crazy. I was under his spell, perhaps?

.
.
.

"We're meant to be, aren't we?"

"Only the heavens know."

Despite my half-hearted answer, we both knew it was true. We were indeed made for each other.

a/n

hello! thank you for reading 'digital love'

as most of you know, this book started out from an pov series edit that i made on tiktok! @/yonacheonsa by the way, if you wanna watch it. (you might have to scroll down find the first part sjsjjs)

i planned that this would just be a short book and i didn't want to drag it on for too long. sorry if it seemed rushed, i tried my best.

but i'll be accepting requests for special chapters! maybe for just a few? i also planned to publish a few more bonus chapters, because why not?

anyways, i won't be planning to make the note too long. thank you everyone!