chapter 12

"What happened?" was the first thing I asked Mingyu over the phone. "I– I..." He stuttered as I furrowed my eyebrows. "Look, I know I'm a bad frien—"

"Tell me what it is." I cut him off, eager to find out what happened.

"Y/N, I don't think I can tell this to you over the phone–"

"Mingyu, just tell me." I let out a sigh in frustration. Just why is everyone being so hesitant? Plus, I didn't even know if I had the strength to go outside. My whole body ached and my head was pounding.

"Okay, fine." Mingyu let out a shaky breathe, suddenly making me feel nervous. "Y- You... Do you remember Minho?" The mention of his name made me cringe. "Of course, I do. He was... weird."

"Were you close with him? He was also pretty quiet..." I licked my lips, remembering how much he made me uncomfortable. "Not really. I wasn't informed by his presence. I only knew Seungcheol-hyung, Joshua-hyung and Wonwoo. I didn't know he had someone else with them. But I know Wonwoo was friends with him."

"L- Look... Please don't freak out. But... He spiked your drink."

My eyes widened, finally knowing why my memories suddenly became blurry. But I really didn't know how I would react to this. I froze, a mix of emotions bubbling up inside me.

"He... what?"

I asked again, even if I heard it loud and clear.

"We're looking for him, but he's suddenly out of reach. Y/N, please, I hope you stay calm–"

"Calm?... Mingyu... I don't even know what I'm supposed to feel. I- I'm hanging up." I wanted some air to breathe. Pressing the red button, I put my phone down as I opened the window to inhale some fresh air.

I heard the door open, making me turn to Minghao. "Am I supposed to feel scared? Disappointed? Sad? Traumatized?" Panic was evident in my expression as he quietly approached me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you." Minghao apologizes, as I could only look at him with a confused expression.

"Minghao, tell me what to do. Why am I not... feeling what I'm supposed to feel? It's like– It's like you just took away all the fear I'm supposed to feel."

I was delighted but I was confused. I was happy I didn't have to go through the trauma of something like that happening to me, but I was confused. How can a person possibly do that?

"You're doing well, Y/N. You're fine."

I felt his arms wrap around my torso as I felt all my worries and panick fade away. I was calm again. It was like as if his touch relieved all my troubles. Maybe, it actually did. I shut my eyes as I slowly hugged him back, enjoying his comfort.

"He'll get what he deserves."

"He will?"

"I'll make it happen." Minghao seperates us, as he smiles at me. "I'm just glad he didn't do anything worse. The boys had your back, didn't they?" I looked at him, nodding gently. He calmed me down within seconds.

"Now, do you want cuddles?"

"Ew, why would I want cuddles?" I gave him a disgusted expression, as I would have if like always. I should get rid of the down atmosphere.

"Last night, you did." My eyes widened, cheeks turning bright red.

"I did?! Tell me what I did last night!" I yell out, flustered. Minghao chuckles, a sly smile on his face. It made me my heart beat faster. "You have to find that out yourself."

I let out a scoff, as I approach him and tackled him on the bed. "Tell me, now!"

"Do you want me to tell you, or do it to you?" Minghao asks, his hesitant attitude from earlier disappearing. I shake my head, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Whatever you want! Just let me know!"

"That means you'll give me permission, right?" Minghao raised his eyebrow as I look at him in confusion. I stare at him for a few seconds, sitting up.

"What permissio–"

I felt my heart stop as his hand reached out to my cheek before connecting his lips with mine. I tensed up, before slowly melting into his touch.

Minghao backed off, as I stare into his eyes, speechless. My cheeks turned red, looking away as I got embarrassed.

"Wait, you're telling me I kissed you last night?!" I hid in my arms in embarrassment. I do the weirdest things when drunk. I crawled under the sheets, hiding underneath them as Minghao laughs at me.

"Yeah, twice."

"Twice?!" I peaked out from the blanket as I could feel him approach me again.

"Yeah, so come here, I need to give you another one."