chapter 10

I felt my heart beat against my chest as my vision gets blurry. I sit on the couch, as I felt myself get hot. It was getting suffocating.

"Have them drink water." I could hear people talking, but I couldn't quite understand. I felt a cup get pushed onto my hand, as I see a person surface in my sight. It was Joshua.

"Y/N, drink." I peeked into the cup, and upon seeing that it was indeed water, I gratefully drank it from the cup. It relieved the forming headache I had but I was still dizzy.

"I'm back– What happened?! Y/N?" I heard a familiar voice, it was Mingyu. "They accidentally drank alcohol." Mingyu furrowed his eyebrows, obviously confused.

"Y/N's a heavy drinker. They wouldn't be at this state with just... one..." His eyes widen at realization. My drink was trampled with. "Which one of you fuckers did it?!"

I was losing my consciousness. My mind couldn't process anything and I couldn't see properly.

"I– We didn't! Me and Joshua went to get more drinks and left Seungcheol with Minho." Wonwoo frantically explained, as his eyes was evident with panick.

"Y/N. Can you hear me? Y/N?" I felt a pair of cold hands on my cheeks, knocking my tiredness away. "Hm?" I hummed, rubbing my eyes. I couldn't identify anyone. It felt like I was in a room full of strangers that I could trust.

"I wasn't here either. I followed Y/N to make sure they were safe." Seungcheol explained, looking at Minho. It was him. He touched my drink.

I could barely process what was happening. Mingyu was just by me, but the next, he was gone. He swung his fist at the culprit, anger evident in his eyes.

"Mingyu!" Wonwoo went behind Mingyu to stop him, afraid that things would get messier. "Get out! Get the fuck out! I fucking trusted you, you fucking jerk!"

The shouting made my head pound. It was too loud for me. I patted my pockets, looking for my phone. It wasn't there. I frowned, as I stood up to look fot it.

They didn't notice me due to the ruckus they were causing. It wasn't my concern, really. I didn't understand what they were talking about. But before I could even take a step, I felt the  strength in my legs waver. I stumbled, slowly but steadily, I think, getting to it.

But before I could possibluy fall, I felt a pair of strong arms around me. Not only that, but I inhaled a very familiar scent that I couldn't really forget.

"Minghao?"

I unconsciously mumbled out, immediately melting into his arms. He made me feel comfort. "Y/N..." Minghao sits me down on a couch as he kneels in front of me to reach my height.

"Oh? Why are you here? You followed me?" I blinked a few times, trying to make my vision clear. I squinted, annoyed at the headache I was having.

"You weren't replying to my messages. I had no choice. What if something bad happened to you? Like, right now. You're drunk." His voice held a lot of concern but I didn't really notice that in this state.

"Me? Nahhhhh! I can handle myself." I held a thumbs up as I smiled at him in reassurance. "Now, huggies!" I opened my arms, and encased Minghao onto a hug, making him fall onto the ground with me.

"Y/N, we should go home, yeah?" He tried to pry me off him, but to no avail, I was glued onto him. Minghao lets out a sigh, as he stayed on the floor, letting me stay in his comfort.

"Really... You..." Minghao slowly gives in, wrapping one of his arm around me. "You have a lot of explaining to do." I could hear him say, but I ignored it.

"Y/N? Where are you?" I hid in Minghao's arms, the thought of hide n seek popping up in my head. "Not here," I giggled, enjoying the comfort he gave me.

Minghao looked for the person looking for me, as he locked eyes with him.

"Who gave you the permission to enter my house?" Mingyu's soft voice disappeared as his gaze hardened at the sight of me cuddled up to someone he doesn't know.

"Maybe if you didn't let them reach this state, I wouldn't have to break in." Minghao replied with a calm voice, as he referred to me.

"That's not your business. Hand Y/N over and leave. I can take care of them." Mingyu nodded over to my direction as I could feel his arm tighten around me.

"Y/N's not an object for me to pass around. And I don't think I can ever trust you with Y/N again. Now if you excuse me," Minghao glared at Mingyu, standing up as he carried me.

"I didn't even do it! Why are you blaming it on me?!" Mingyu raised his voice, as Minghao raised his eyebrows. "It's because you couldn't even afford to keep an eye on Y/N— Let alone make sure that the guests attending this party of yours are safe. Now tell me, with these things, how can I trust you?" His calm demeanor was broken, as his voice was getting louder for each word he spits out.

Mingyu was speechless. He opened his mouth to defend himself, but he couldn't form any words. He only watched in disappointment, his eyes watching Minghao as he left with the person he liked in his arms.

Mingyu didn't find any lies in Minghao's words, and it was all his fault. That's when he realized, he wasn't good enough.