chapter 3

"That's your friend right? I'll take you to the party. You must be late already."

Before he could say another word, I shook my head as I took his arm. "Scratch the party, let's have our own." Confused to the sudden change of my mood, he only shut his mouth and let myself lead him to wherever.

"I'm somehow convinced that maybe, you're not a jerk." I huffed as we run through the hallways, adrenaline running through our veins.

"So, for this night, prove me entirely wrong. Show me that you're nice, show me that you can be the one who'll make me the happiest person."

I slowed down, my chest heaving up and down as I turn around and face hin.

"Then, I'll give you a second chance. We'll start over. From the very start."

He stares into my eyes, luring me in with his intense gaze. "Mark my words, you'll see that I can be perfect for you tonight."

"Do you actually know how to drive?" He shot me an annoyed look as he scoffs. "That's something to say for someone who rides the bus everyday."

I furrowed my eyebrows as I face him, a shocked look on my face. "You actually stalked me?!"

He only shrugs, as he laid on his back on the bed. "Maybe." We were having random talks and I was actually enjoying it. Despite the fact that he actually stalked me, he was... kinda... nice...

"What if you don't prove me wrong?"

He scoffed, one filled with much confidence. "I'll make you think otherwise before the night ends, baby."

"You shouldn't be too sure, you overly-confident jerk." I rolled my eyes, slightly flustered from the name he used. "You like flustering people, don't you?" I ask him, looking away slightly.

"Wait, do people like me calling them baby?" I only stare at him, realizing that he actually uses the name for other girls. For some reason, my heart slightly hurt from what he said.

"You use them for other people?"

"Am I not supposed to...?"

I frown, suddenly feeling jealous.

"See, this is why you don't have a lover." He raised his eyebrow at what I said. "Excuse me, I'll actually have one soon." He grins at me, inching closer to me, who was also sitting on his bed.

My frown deepened, hearing about him talk about his future lover in front of me.

"You wanna know who?"

I scoffed, slightly moving away from him. I was getting jealous and he was enjoying this. The fact that I'm getting jealous really shows a lot.

"No, save it." I roll my eyes as he chuckles at me. He sat up, moving closer to me. "I'm telling you," He whispers, as I only shake my head. "Whatever."

"It's you."

I felt my heart stop as he was inches away from me. I stared into his eyes as he stared into mine, his eyes filled with passion. I felt lost, seeing his face so close to mine. He was definitely doing this to tease me.

He smiled, suddenly pulling away. For a moment, I felt a rush of disappointment. "I always ask for consent." I blankly looked at him, as a sly smile was on his face.

"Understandable, but next time just go for it." I replied back to him, not wanting to back down and submit to defeat. I laid down as I watch his eyes follow my every move.

"Is that so?"

Again, he was doing things to my heart. His movements was fast and precise, as he quickly hovers on top of me. His hands were behind my head as he once again, stared me down with those suggestive eyes of his.

He leaned in closer to my face, stopping as our faces was an inch away. I felt his breath on my face, making my heart beat faster. He was surely doing something to me and it was working.

"I'm just kidding."

He laughs, still staying on top of me. I didn't know why I wasn't uncomfortable. It was nice. I liked the warmth he gives me. It gives me comfort– he himself gives me comfort.

One would normally get mad, angry and they wouldn't ever forgive anyone for doing this to them. Following them around, knowing things they shouldn't, invading their privacy? I didn't really care anymore. It wasn't that, it was him. Just him in general.

"Tell me, do you actually like me?"

I ask, slightly catching him off guard. "It wouldn't be fun if I told you, would it?" He answered, obviously having no intention of telling me. A sigh left his lips as he rolled over, laying down besides me.

"Do you wanna see something cool?"

I turn my head to the side as I watch him reach for something. "What if I say no?" I tease him as he chuckles. "I'd still do it." He motioned his arms, telling me to look up the ceiling.

My mouth was agape as I was struck with amazement. The lights turned off and there, showed a constellation of stars up in the night sky. It was a projection yet it looked so real.

"Woah..." I was lost in the stars as he admires me. He watched as my eyes scan the ceiling, loving how I was amazed by his creation.

"Hey."

I looked at him.

"Do you wanna go and see the stars with me?"